Beautifully Prisoned Self

Beautifully Prisoned Self

A Story by wesleygirl
"

'She had unleashed the courage to live the life she deserved.'

"

 

As she looked around the cold, wet courtyard, she saw the destruction the demon had caused. She lay down on the damp, cemented ground and began to weep. She wept for her freedom, she wept at the destruction the demon had caused and she wept for the life she could have had if she had been strong enough to leave.

 

The demon she had so strongly kept at bay and who she thought loved her, refused to be controlled and managed to destroy all that was good in her life. She was tired of fighting, she was tired of failing and she was tired of being the only one to try to get through to the demon. She wanted to give up, let the demon take her but she couldn't. She could not let it win. With the small bit of determination that was still in her, she quickly pulled herself together, wiped away any dangling tears that were about to fall, stood up, and began her quest to vanish the demon that had taken her freedom away. 

 

She turned to the entrance of its cave and summoned it to come out. When it emerged, the demon had already returned to its regular form. Its face looked like hers, its eyes were filled with the endearing love of a parent, and its arms were open to greet its beloved child. However, at this final meeting, she would not be fooled. She understood what it was capable of but this time she would not let it trick her.  She looked directly at her demon’s eyes and forcefully said....

 

'I'm done'.

 

And with that her prison door came unlocked. She was no longer held captive by her possessor. She ran from her holding cell and shouted with elation as she praised the heavens. She had never felt so alive in her short lifetime.

 

She had unleashed the courage to live the life she deserved.

© 2014 wesleygirl


Author's Note

wesleygirl
There are a lot of metaphors, I hope you understand them. Please review! I would love to hear your honesty

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a very deep story, very...imaginative. There's an underlying secret to this story, and it honestly left me thinking for a long time what it could have been.

I actually managed to put myself in the eyes of this girl. What she was feeling really hit me like a rock through a spiders web, that was incredible!

You are a very creative writer, i'm certainly keeping tabs for any more of your work!

Thank you for sharing this amazing work of art, you truly are talented!

I'll be waiting to read more from you :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

wesleygirl

9 Years Ago

Thank you so so much!! Wow! I wasn't expecting a review like this!! It really does mean a lot to me.
Austin Jolly

9 Years Ago

you have most certainly earned them young one :)



Reviews

perfect imagination girl.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Hard to defeat the demons. I like the use of thoughts and prison to create hope and possibility. A perfect ending to the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow this is really something. I'm touched! Keep it up this is sooo amazing :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


creative, strong writing. felt as if i was in her shoes. really good stuff!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Yes, I do understand your metaphors. She triumphed over what ever deamon possessed her. I like the fact that she did it alone.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this
I, too, had a demon of my own :(
this was really touching

Posted 9 Years Ago


You transport us into the soul... the fight faced with the demons that seek to devour us... and you give us hope that there can be freedom when we face our fears... when we rise above... Freedom.. your words lift us all!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wesleygirl

9 Years Ago

Thank you!!!
This is a very deep story, very...imaginative. There's an underlying secret to this story, and it honestly left me thinking for a long time what it could have been.

I actually managed to put myself in the eyes of this girl. What she was feeling really hit me like a rock through a spiders web, that was incredible!

You are a very creative writer, i'm certainly keeping tabs for any more of your work!

Thank you for sharing this amazing work of art, you truly are talented!

I'll be waiting to read more from you :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

wesleygirl

9 Years Ago

Thank you so so much!! Wow! I wasn't expecting a review like this!! It really does mean a lot to me.
Austin Jolly

9 Years Ago

you have most certainly earned them young one :)
It's wonderful, you are very creative. Something's really deep is behind this story.
Keep it up, thank you for sharing...:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


wesleygirl

9 Years Ago

And thank you for reading it :)
Sanjh

9 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)
very beautiful and creative ( to be able to portray such a complicated state of mind in a short yet strong story is really a wonderful talent ! )

Posted 9 Years Ago


wesleygirl

9 Years Ago

Thank you it really means so much!

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

963 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 15, 2014
Last Updated on November 15, 2014

Author

wesleygirl
wesleygirl

Leinster, Ireland



About
I'm a fifteen year old Irish girl. I love being creative and doing pastel and writing is how I express it. I have only really found the time to start writing, so I have some unfinished bits and bobs. .. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Story by wesleygirl



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Koi Pond Koi Pond

A Poem by Pryde Foltz