FB1-33 "Unlimited Power"

FB1-33 "Unlimited Power"

A Chapter by dw817
"

"What are the current limits to Tyr's telekinetic ability ?" NONE. For a moment I thought the lights in the library flickered. Even the librarian looked up. It had to be a coincidence.

"


      
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE




Press CTRL = (equals) to increase the page size and CTRL - (minus) to decrease the page size


F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 1st Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© April 2014 Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



CHAPTER 33 - UNLIMITED POWER

[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *

This chapter is Rated: EVERYONE


When we got to our shared class of Science. Tyr was there, got out of her chair to meet me. "I'm so sorry, Dev. I don't know what came over me. I didn't mean to scared you like that, kay." she sniffed.

She sat on the edge of my desk, "When we getten together tonite we'll make sure we to thinked up a good magic that gone to help us with youren prod-jack."

She took her finger, wet it with her tongue, and smoothed back the hair curled around my ear and then sat back down in her own desk.

I looked back at her, still wary of her telekinetic ability. She saw me looking still slightly bewildered and frightened. Then she did something odd.

Acting like she hadn't seen me for hours she waved a friendly innocent hand at me before the teacher called on her to answer a question on the blackboard.

Our Teachers' name was "Ms. Arable" or "The Marble" as most of our class called her when she wasn't present. At the time she was addressing Tyr who was just now setting back down in her own chair.

After answering Ms. Arable's question on the blackboard, she skipped back to her seat, gave me another friendly wave and then flopped her head down on the desk like she wanted to sleep. I had wondered if her telekinetic display from earlier had worn her out.

During lunchtime I saw that Tyr had arrived first. I walked up, perhaps feeling a bit like a mouse walking into a mousetrap.

She didn't say anything but bit into her sandwich. As we sat together, I pointed in the sky to make a random remark about the clouds when the Suzi-Q dessert popped out of my lunch and hung in midair for a second.

There was a sound of tearing plastic and two equal portions flung one side to Tyr and the other to me. Tyr then lowered her hand which I didn't see earlier, and there was still a telltale trace of violet glow around them just now fading.

"I shared okay ?" she said generously.

"Tyr - " I began. "You can't keep using your telekinesis for every little thing. You're going to not only get yourself into trouble but me as well. You don't want that, right ?" I turned to face her. She was concentrating on something in the distance.

I looked with her and saw the man who normally ran the riding lawnmower running after it and yelling in a foreign language. Apparently the mower was running out of control and then suddenly dived into the side of the school lake where it smoldered with smoke.

Tyr laughed a little to herself. "That was funny." she said and then went back to her sandwich as if nothing happened.

Almost imperceptibly I noticed that when she did her telekinesis, she seemed a little tired. There might be a limit to her ability after all. I had hoped I wouldn't have to test its limits.

I didn't wait for her to explain what happened, and changed the subject, "Tyr, I'd like to borrow your laptop for a bit. I want to check on something. You can hang on to the plugin if you like."

Seeing as how innocent that sounded, she agreed and finished lunch.

During P.E. we got out a bit early as informed the day before so I went to the library with her laptop and then pulled out my own plugin, which I brought from home. At once I brought up SIM.

Sim spoke plainly before I addressed it.

YES, DEV.

The librarian behind the checkout desk pointed to me with an ugly expression and said, "Shhh !"

"Text only, man." I whispered to SIM, and then started typing on it.

"Can you remove Tyr's telekinesis."

NO.

I was afraid of this. "Why not ?"

TYR'S DNA HAS BEEN UPGRADED. CHANGE IS IRREVOCABLE. ATTEMPTING TO REMOVE HER ABILITY AT THIS POINT WOULD CAUSE IRREPARABLE BRAIN DAMAGE.

Could that actually make an impact I smiled to myself ?

"The telekenesis she has now, is it affecting her personality ?" I asked.

NO.

Well that's good I thought. Then suddenly another answer appeared below, without me asking a question between.

YES.

Make up your mind, I thought to myself. There was a long pause as both answers were on the screen, then the screen cleared and new text appeared:

MARGINALLY. EMOTIONAL STATE DIRECTLY AFFECTS HER ABILITY.

Oh crap. I thought. I've had it, cause no-one had a more emotional state than Tyr. It was one of the most endearing things I loved about her, but now it might work against me.


* * *


Things might get very nasty for me in the future and I suspected giant mudpies where only the tip of what she had planned for anyone who crossed her now.

I thought I better ask the important question that she wanted to know.

"Can you make Tyr invisible ?"

NO.

I waited to see if the answer would change.

YES.

OK, at least I knew this was fuzzy territory too.

PROVISIONALLY.

"What are the provisions ?"

FOR TYR TO GAIN COMPLETE INVISIBILITY WOULD REQUIRE INTERVENTION TO BRING HER BACK TO VISIBILITY AGAIN. FOR HER TO NOT BE SEEN AT ALL WOULD WOULD REQUIRE HER TO NOT BE WEARING ANY ARTICLES OF CLOTHING AS THEY WOULD BE UNAFFECTED BY THIS CAPABILITY.

I ignored the implications of that last sentence. "So if she gained invisible ability, she would have to come back to you to become visible again."

YES.

That didn't sound so bad. I smiled, I doubt she'd agree to something so ludicrous. She'd miss school, her parents, she'd be buck naked, and if I said NO then she couldn't ever be visible again.

Of course she could ALSO turn into a really mischievous poltergeist then and - naked ? I started sweating again and felt dizzy at what nasty things she could to me both naked with telekinetic ability in the changing room. I shook my head to focus.

"Would it effect her telekinetic ability to be invisible ?" I asked.

NO.

Rats. I was hoping to trade invisibility for telekinsis as I suspect she couldn't do so much damage then.

"What are the current limits to Tyr's telekinetic ability ?"

NONE.

For a moment I thought the lights in the library flickered. Even the librarian looked up at it for a second. It had to be a coincidence, nonetheless a cold shiver ran up my spine.

"None ? She can lift anything right now !?"

YES.

That had to be impossible ! "Why hasn't she done more damage, or destroyed a city accidentally ?" Not that I wanted her to, I thought to myself.

TYR IS UNAWARE OF THE LIMITS OF THE POWER SHE CURRENTLY HAS. AS SHE EXPERIMENTS MORE SHE WILL BELIEVE THAT SHE IS GETTING STRONGER - BUT THIS IS JUST CONFIDENCE WHICH WILL ULTIMATELY EXTEND HER ABILITIES EXPONENTIALLY.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT IF SHE IS NOT SURE OF HERSELF, IS FRIGHTENED, OR TIRED, THEN SHE WILL BE UNABLE TO PERFORM HER LIFTING ABILITY AS IT REQUIRES A HIGH RELIANCE ON THE BACK ANGULAR NEUROTRANSMITTERS.

I was about to ask more questions on this when I suddenly saw Tyr walking into the library. Since physical education was the last class I had, I had lost track of the time ! School was out, she couldn't find me so she came to look for me here.

"There ya is !" she smiled warmly at me sitting at one of the study tables. "So dju getting it all done ?"

I met her eyes and deftly pulled out the plugin which gave a quiet wail she didn't hear. "Ah, yep !" I said returning her smile. "Just needed to check some stuff for a math test coming up."

Tyr looked at the table for a second and I distracted her by saying, "Here." and picking up the laptop to thrust in her arms and vision.

"Okaay." she smiled. "Ready to go ? I wanna get started right away on this new magic stuff."

I paused for a second remembering what SIM said earlier. "Right." I commented, and hurriedly put the plugin back in my pocket while she had her eyes on the exit to the library.

Tyr invited me back to her place so we could experiment with SIM, however I said I wanted to drop my own schoolbooks back at my house before we did.

I told her to wait outside and I went in, greeted mom, ran upstairs and took the plugin out of my pocket to set on the desk getting ready to go back down.

Then I had like a premonition something was wrong. I picked up the plugin, fingered it for a bit, then went over to the one loose brick I had in the side of the wall and put it back there. It was well hidden with all the tinkertoys in the way.

Then I ran back downstairs where Tyr was waiting. We skipped hand in hand over to her place.

As we got near, Tyr's mother, Annie, was at the front door and had a frightened look on her face.

She was talking to two other important government-looking men there, one of which I recognized from the earlier newscast and ONE was holding Tyr's glass fork from the carnival !

"Oshhzzit !" Tyr said and pulled out of sight. "They musta founded my fork before that Scant I borrowed used to eaten my pie." Tyr said garbling her words in fear.




END OF CHAPTER 33


Return back HOME





  You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2014 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like it, can't wait for the next chapter.

Kaze~ :-D

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

9 Years Ago

This chapter (above) is the last one I have in final format. After this I'm referring to my text dra.. read more
♔ CrownedDevil ☾

9 Years Ago

It was my pleasure. :-) :-D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 1st Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing