Wit & Wisdom - September 15th 2014

Wit & Wisdom - September 15th 2014

A Chapter by dw817
"

Count your blessings. (more)

"

Press CTRL = (equals) to increase the page size and CTRL - (minus) to decrease the page size

  W&W Sep. 15th 2014  

  

Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country after going
HERE

[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT SET ]


01. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS:

[1]. If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of the world.


[2]. If you have money in the bank, your wallet, and some spare change, you are among the top 8% of world's wealthy.


[3]. If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week.


[4]. If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the agony of imprisonment or torture, or the horrible pangs of starvation, then you are lucker than 500 million people who are alive today and suffering.


[5]. If you can read this message, you are more fortunate than 3-billion people in the world who cannot read at all.


02. It doesn't matter how old I get, I'm still going to mentally sing the ABC's to see which letter comes next.


03. Some people are worth melting for.


04. Why yes, I will spend $50 more to get free delivery to avoid paying $3 for shipping.


05. Idiots cause stress. Stress causes depression. Depression causes physical ailments. Conclusion: Stupid people make me sick.


06. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyways.


07. Listening is one thing. But being able to create your own music is something wonderful.


08. The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.


09. Sometimes it physically hurts to hold in my sarcastic comments.


10. Fire burns brighter in the dark.


11. I'm not a backup plan and I'm definitely not a second choice.


12. And the Mad March Hare says, "Ah, but that's the point ! If you don't think, you shouldn't talk."


13. Again I am in public and cannot respond appropriately to our conversation.


14. Some people come into your life and you just know you will never be able to replace them if they left.


15. On a scale of 1 to 10, how obsessed am I with Harry Potter ? 9 and 3-quarters.


16. Playing a videogame ? The harder you press the button, the stronger your attacks will be.


17. You'll end up very disappointed if you grow up thinking that everyone has the same heart as you do.


18. Singing improves breathing and significantly strengthens the lungs.


19. Oh, so you wanna argue ? Bring it. I got my CAPS LOCK ON.


20. Don't keep asking me if I'm mad until I am and then you say, "See ? You're mad." Because it is then I will stab you.


21. Generally speaking, apologies tend to lose their meaning when trust is broken.


22. Psychologists claim that the people who hide their feelings usually care for others the most.


23. Hugging someone that you really miss can literally improve a person's mood and relieve stress.


24. The human mind spends about 70% of it's time creating "perfect" scenarios; replaying moments and memories from the past.


25. You know things are getting serious when she ties up her hair.



26. If someone ever tells you a certain song is important to them, you should turn it up and lay on your bed and close your eyes and really LISTEN to it, even if it's 10-minutes long. Because at the end you will know that person much better I think.

27. Crying releases excess stress hormones, that is the effect of feeling better after crying.


28. Over 90% of people use music to escape problems in their lives.


29. If it doesn't involve food, count me out.


30. Which gang do you belong to ? Nap all day. Sleep all night. Party never.


31. The less you reveal, the more people can wonder.

32. People with stronger friendships have the greater ability to communicate strictly through facial expressions.


33. My heart has no room for you, but the trunk of my car definitely does.


34. Relationship Status:
[_] Single
[_] In a relationship
[_] Married
[_] Engaged
[_] Divorced
[X] Waiting for a miracle


35. There's someone for everyone, and the person for you is a psychiatrist.


36. I had a bad mixup at the store today. The sexy male cashier said strip down, facing me. Apparently he was referring to my credit card.


37. Can't get out of bed. Send HELP or WAFFLES. Just send the waffles.


38. Humor is associated with intelligence and honesty - this is why women are attracted to men with a sense of humor.


39. After a job interview, if asked, "Do you have any questions ?" Always ask, "Yes, is there anything about my application that concerns you ?"


40. Music is my sanity.


41. That awkward moment when you're not sure if you actually have free time - or you're just forgetting everything.


42. If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.


43. If it doesn't make the world better, then DON'T DO IT.


44. I hate you, and then I love you. It's like I want to throw you off a cliff, then rush to the bottom to catch you.


45. No matter how good or bad you think life is, wake up each day and be THANKFUL for life. Someone somewhere else is fighting to survive.

46. I don't have pet peeves; I have whole kennels of irritation.


47. If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.


48. I see no point in arguing with you. You do a fine job of proving complete ignorance on your own.


49. Whenever I delete an app on my iPhone, the shaking icons make me feel that they're panicked over who's getting cut from the team.


50. Some women are lost in the fire. Some women are built from it.




Which of these can you relate to ?

See you next time with 50 more ...

Return back HOME


  You are Earth Visitor #   




© 2014 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

1.COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS:

[1]. If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of the world.

[2]. If you have money in the bank, your wallet, and some spare change, you are among the top 8% of world's wealthy.

[3]. If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week.

[4]. If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the agony of imprisonment or torture, or the horrible pangs of starvation, then you are luckier than 500 million people who are alive today and suffering.

[5]. If you can read this message, you are more fortunate than 3-billion people in the world who cannot read at all.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

9 Years Ago

Yep, a lot of these things we take for granted, Avinash. It may seem like we have difficulties in th.. read more



Reviews

5. 22. and oh my word 24. They all fit my recent life perfectly.

I don't understand 42, however.
Is it a reference to the butterfly effect in the short story "A sound of thunder"?

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

9 Years Ago

Hi Jed, curious about 22 and 24. As for 42, I think they are referring from a caterpillar changing i.. read more
Cactus Jed

9 Years Ago

Oh, of course (re: 42 caterpillars). Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees, so to speak.read more
dw817

9 Years Ago

As for 22, I'm sort of the opposite. Usually I bring a gift when I meet new people, it's sort of my .. read more
1.COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS:

[1]. If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of the world.

[2]. If you have money in the bank, your wallet, and some spare change, you are among the top 8% of world's wealthy.

[3]. If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week.

[4]. If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the agony of imprisonment or torture, or the horrible pangs of starvation, then you are luckier than 500 million people who are alive today and suffering.

[5]. If you can read this message, you are more fortunate than 3-billion people in the world who cannot read at all.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

9 Years Ago

Yep, a lot of these things we take for granted, Avinash. It may seem like we have difficulties in th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Wit & Wisdom


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing