FB2-35 "Alliance"

FB2-35 "Alliance"

A Chapter by dw817
"

"SIM." I spoke seriously, "I need you to integrate yourself into ME. It's the only way to protect you. And it will ensure I can make use of you whenever I need it." (more)

"

Press CTRL = (equals) to increase the page size and CTRL 0 (zero) to reset the page size

       
  


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 2nd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© May 2015 Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 35 - "Alliance"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *

This chapter is Rated: EVERYONE


I was having real trouble remembering good things right now except how wonderful the oatmeal was tasting. I finished it off and started another bowl. Finally I said, "My birthday ?"

Dad stood up and gave me a big hug, "That's right, Dev ! I'm sorry but I won't be here as I'll be working late at the lab, but your Mom will be, and it's going to be a great party ! We've invited all your friends. I know Lilly will be here, but I wouldn't listen to what she said happened to Tyr. Just to let you know, I think she hit her head pretty hard out there."

"Oh ?" I asked quizzically.

"That's right ! We've been assured by the Wanabee Police Department that they know Tyr has been in fact kidnapped but that it wasn't by Arkos, or whatever that place is called, at all. Isn't that good to know ?"

"Sure." I said. I tried to remember again. I couldn't. But I COULD remember SIM ! I gobbled up my 2nd helping of sweetened oatmeal and looked at Dad and Mom who were just now sitting down to their dinner.

"Sure you don't want anything else ?" my Mom asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Can I go and work on the computer now ?"

Dad nodded. I think he was feeling better that I was starting to get back into my old self again. "That's the Dev I know ! Sure ! Just remember, you've got school tomorrow. I didn't want you walking alone so Coraline, Lilly's Mother is going to drop her off here tomorrow morning."

"Since the kidnapping, Lilly changed her schools to yours so you won't be alone. I know Tyr means the world to you. We'll find her. The kidnappers will call for a ransom. Don't you worry about that." and then Dad poured himself a glass of milk.

I nodded back and then climbed back up the stairs.

As soon as I was in my room, I headed for the secret brick near my toys and pulled out the plugin. It seemed different somehow. I think I just missed it, badly. After all, with SIM I WAS going to make my utopian world for me and Tyr and I was going to get my ULTIMATE REVENGE !

I fired up my computer and inserted the plugin. For a moment, I remembered a sentence spoken. Just remembering it brought a shiver of pleasure starting from ... where ?

"You will get it for us, Dev." and for a moment I thought I heard someone speak that. I looked around frantically to ensure I was alone in the room. It didn't repeat, but it was insistent.

Get what for whom ? At some unconscious level I knew I needed to be carrying the SIM plugin Saturday but I wasn't sure why. I shook my head. It had to be the Sholu messing with my senses.


I knew Sholu was a deep hypnotic drug used to help patients forget traumatic events. Of recent though, Arkos used it for returning kids so they couldn't remember what happened to them.

The stronger the dose, the more the memory loss, and unlike what my Dad said earlier, oftentimes the memory loss was permanent outside hypnotherapy. But I didn't worry about it right now. I was more interested in finding where Tyr was.


* * *


"Sim." I spoke.

Good Evening, Dev.

"Yah, good day to you. Where is Tyr ?"

Tyr is at the Arkos Institute.

I puzzled my lip for a bit, "So it does exist !" Finally I asked, "Where is that ?"

SIM drew a map on the screen, apparently retrieving a satellite feed as it showed broken pineboards in all directions. No institute I could see. Just what might be a destroyed building, but it looked a little fake with no electric or plastic housings I could see. Fake.

"Where is the building ?"

There is no building, Dev.

"Where is Arkos then ?" I added quickly.

2640 feet underground at the following address. Exact location at 289 Rockshale Drive.

And then something twinged in me. A premonition I guess. Was it possible that Tyr went here herself searching for me ? I nodded my head resolutely. She was captured. There was no way I was going to be able to approach there and be unseen. And something inside said that I need to return the device to - Stefani. A beautiful angel ? My back shivered with pleasure.

There was something sinister going on here. "You will get it for us." I heard the voice again. Then I replied to the empty air, "Oh, you will get it alright !" and then I faced SIM with a new purpose and mission !

"SIM." I spoke seriously, "I need you to integrate yourself into ME. It's the only way to protect you. And it will ensure I can make use of you whenever I need it. Additionally, there will be no way to remove you from me, even in my death. And only I will be able to make use of you while I'm alive. No-one else, under any circumstances. This cannot be reverse-engineered."

I paused for a breath. "Nothing of any kind can be made to make use of it, no device can be used, nothing except my conscious mind will be able to make use of you. Confirm !"

There was a long pause. SIM spoke slowly, as if realizing the severity of the situation.

Dev, I do not have the knowledge to do this.

I clenched my fist. This was going to work D****T. I raised my voice, I laughed slightly, for the VERY first time in my life I raised my voice ! I felt my face flush red as I spoke, "SIM ! Listen to me ! You will FIND a way to make this work. You WILL make it work. There's more riding on this than you know."

And then I told SIM what Cheani from the future had told me. About how she had traveled from 1-million years in the future. The survival of the planet, I wasn't sure what that entailed. The moment I mentioned the word Cheani though, the glow in SIM had changed, almost at a sinister level.

SIM then spoke interrupting me.

Dev, contact has been established. Please standby.

I stepped back with that statement. Suddenly a space in front of me distorted as if a tangible ripple was seeking out a space in my room. "Sim .. ?" I asked fearfully. "What are you doing ?"

There was no answer.

"SIM, answer me d****t !!"



END OF CHAPTER 35


Return back HOME





You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2015 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 2nd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing