Reaching A Human Being At 2-1-1

Reaching A Human Being At 2-1-1

A Story by dw817
"

Having talked earlier to someone who works for the government, she gave me this little tip on always reaching a human at the elusive 2-1-1 phone number.

"


REACHING A HUMAN BEING ON GOVERNMENT HELP LINE 2-1-1

If you live in the states, or even outside of, there's a good chance that when you try to reach the government for whatever issues you may have with your paperwork, you will not be able to make heads or tails out of the very confusing menus issued to these "helpful" services that are seemingly designed to make you deliberately fail to ever reach a real human being.

I was blessed to recently talk to someone working for the government in this enterprise and she gave me this little secret to reaching a human being every time on 2-1-1.

Now, the wait time for a call could still be anywhere from 15-minutes to an hour, but you STILL will have gotten through to talk to someone instead of their infernal and redirecting computer menus that lead you nowhere.

For the 2-1-1 service, first dial it:

2-1-1

Then Press [1] for English, [2] for Spanish.

From here, press [2] for BENEFITS.

Then press [1] for SERVICES.

Then [3] for HELP.

Then [4] for, you have a QUESTION.

Then [4] again to talk to a live agent.

DO NOT get distracted by the other seemingly valid options as a shortcut. You won't reach a human and your choices can and likely will spindle back on top of each other ultimately returning you back to the main menu where you must start your selection all over again.

So to put it simply, if you speak English, it's 2-1-1, then [1] [2] [1] [3] [4] [4]

Be sure and wait for each computer prompt as you press each menu choice. You will be informed that your call will be answered in the order it is received and - YES ! You will actually be able talk to someone about your government paperwork or lack thereof, or changes you want to make or update.


HOPE THIS HELPS !

© 2017 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I need to bookmark this or something. I HATE trying get anything done on the phone, especially with the government.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

6 Years Ago

Hey, long time no write, Sam !

Glad you find this helpful. And yes, they did NOT make.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing