Google Pulls The Plug On View Image

Google Pulls The Plug On View Image

A Story by dw817
"

Since it was removed, Google says they are doing it with the cooperation of "Getty Images" who insist the removal ...

"



GOOGLE REMOVES VIEW IMAGE

As I am constantly working with images and using Google Image Search to find what I need, I noticed recently that a certain option had been removed from their selection, quite evil really, and apparently only in the last few hours.

That is, the ability to search for an image and either click on the image or click the selection to the right above the image that read, "View Image" in order to view the full-sized image on an internet tab and absolutely nothing else.

Since it was removed, Google says they are doing it with the cooperation of "Getty Images" who insist the removal of this command will protect users with copyrighted images. Perhaps.

It is interesting to see now when you search for images I have on any of my own writings, if you just click the image instead of showing only it, it goes directly to the webpage I wrote for it.

[LINK]

However, if you are using Firefox, it is no big. Click on the image to make it appear in the left with clickable options to the right. Then in Firefox, right-click on the image itself and select VIEW IMAGE from the pull-down menu.

The image will then display properly as if you had merely clicked on it or selected the now removed command of "View Image" from the right side of selections.



Hope This Helps !


© 2018 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
Added on February 16, 2018
Last Updated on February 16, 2018
Tags: davidw, google, google image search, Getty Images, dick move

Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing