AR- Prologue

AR- Prologue

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥
"

Background! Hope you enjoy!

"

Prologue

                She held his tiny body in her arms. Asumi, she was crying uncontrollably, as her best friend, Akio, lay in her arms…dying. His blood was getting all over her hands, but she didn’t care…she wanted to hold him. She could feel his body starting to grow cold. Asumi was starting to freak out more. Bad thoughts were swimming through her head. Asumi knew couldn’t bear the thought of losing her best friend. She was only ten years old…she couldn’t handle it. She was too young. Her chest was starting to heave. She was shaking…and she couldn’t calm down the tears. Her best friend was dying in front of her…and she couldn’t do anything about it. She still couldn’t believe what happened…

                 She was running through the streets of the town. She was small; she had black hair, lightly tanned skin, and red eyes. Her eyes were scanning through what used to be a crowded city. Only few people were on the street right now. She was searching for her best friend. She was starting to get annoyed. How hadn’t she found him yet? She thought in her head, “Where is he? I am getting tired of playing this game!”

                Finally she spotted her best friend. She walked over to a boy with dark brown hair, lightly tanned skin, and green eyes. She tapped him on the shoulder and he jumped three feet in the air. She couldn’t help but smile to see her friend jump. “Ha! I scared you, didn’t I, Akio?”

                “Like I would ever be afraid of you, Asumi, you’re small and short,” he said sticking his tongue out at her. Asumi glared up at him. She was only shorter than Akio by a couple of inches, but she felt weird having to look up at him. Akio would make fun of her height a lot. She was used to it by now. She just smiled and started to laugh along with him. “It’s okay for you to be short. I’m short for my age as well.”

                “Yeah, yeah, I know you’re short too, but that’s fine. I’m bored of hide and seek. What else do you want to play today?” Asumi asked.

                “I don’t know yet…hmm…wait I got it! We could pretend to be swordsmen again! I always loved playing that,” Akio responded. Asumi couldn’t help, but smile widely because she loved playing that game as well. It was one of her favorites. They both picked up sticks and starting to try to hit each other with them lightly. Asumi was able to block some of Akio’s moves and Akio would be able to dodge some of hers. Every once in a while they would each get a blow in. They both smiled when they were exhausted from play. “One more time, then we can rest, and get some lunch.”

                Asumi nodded, but all of a sudden a real knife hurdled towards them. Asumi jumped out of the way, flipped over, and landed on her feet. Akio had a small scratch on his arm since the blade made a bit of contact with him. Akio didn’t even show much pain on his face even though he had gotten cut. He only had one thing on his mind...Asumi. Asumi’s small body was starting to tremble with fear. Who was attacking them and for what reason?

                “What do we have here,” asked a man with darker tanned skin, green hair, and matching eyes. He was scratching the top of his head. “A couple of snot nosed brats…hmm…I hate children.”

                The guy scoffed and then spit on the ground next to him. He had a cigarette in between his fingers. He brought the cigarette up to his lips and took a drag on it. He blew smoke out of his mouth and smiled wickedly. The hatred for the two youngsters was growing rapidly. He hated children ever since he could remember. He didn’t remember why, but he figured it was because his own child hated him. His own son didn’t even want him as a father.

                Akio was a lot braver than Asumi at the time and he stepped up to the unknown assailant. “What have we ever done to you? We were just playing a game!”

                The man glared at the young boy, Akio gulped, and did not want to actually know that mans answer. Something was telling him to run in his head, but he couldn’t move. “Spoiled brats like you don’t deserve to walk on the streets. I will make sure that neither of you brats will ever show your faces around here again.”

                The man was hysterically laughing, but his laugh was very menacing. Akio could feel fear starting to seep into his bones, but he wanted to stay brave for Asumi. He knew that Asumi was scared pretty easily nowadays.

                The man pulled the hilt of the sword out from his sheath. The sword was hidden by a black cloak he was wearing. He was going to try to make their death fast and painless. He just didn’t want them to be alive anymore. The man didn’t know the hardships the kids suffer before he met them. The man never cared for anyone's back story.

                “You won’t live through these attacks. I promise you that your death will be fast,” he said as evilly as he could muster. Akio pulled Asumi up by her arm and told her to run. He didn’t want her to get involved in this. They both took off as fast as they could. Akio dragged Asumi along because he was faster than she was. Asumi and Akio didn’t want to get killed before they reached the age of eleven. As soon as they were sure they were far away enough from the man Akio picked up a pipe. They knew he was going to find them eventually. They ran back to their house.

                “Akio, I’m scared,” Asumi said so softly that Akio could barely hear her. He could sense her fear. She was happy Akio was there. He was always brave. She wished she could be more like him. Akio patted her head.

                “Don’t be scared. You have me and I will not let anything happen to you. I will protect you with my life. You are my best friend, Asumi, and I love you,” Akio said whispering to her softly. Asumi felt a little bit better, but then they both heard a sound. Akio pulled Asumi closer to him. They were hiding in the house that they helped raise each other in. Asumi felt safe in Akio’s arms. Asumi decided to think positive although the man was going to be cornering them soon. There was no doubt in their minds. He had probably watched them as they ran into the house. They heard footsteps as the man entered their home. He started to ready his sword for battle. He of course didn’t think that the kids were going to be a challenge. This was nothing to him. He killed every child that he encountered. He was the most wanted criminal in all of the land.

                “Come on out, kids, I want to have some fun,” he said with a maniacal laugh in his tone. Akio asked Asumi if he could borrow her favorite knife. She nodded and realized she had forgotten she had it on her. Akio had come across it once when they were looking for food. Akio gave it to Asumi for protection just in case. She pulled the knife as quick as possible out of her pocket and handed it to him. Akio readied his weapon. He ran as quietly and as quickly as he could up to the man that was threatening his life. He didn’t want to make a sound so the man couldn’t find Asumi. The man smiled widely when he saw the young boy running at him. He licked his lips. The man was ready to see some blood. Akio made the first move…he cut the man from his temple to his neck. The man yelled out in pain and was cursing under his breath. He underestimated the little brat. He never expected a child to cut him.

                Akio was relieved that he got the first hit. That gave them time to run away from the lunatic. They knew they didn’t have much time since the man would soon recover and run after them again. He recovered quickly and started to run after the children. He decided it was better to attack Asumi instead of Akio. He knew that the little brat boy could hold his own. Knowing that little Asumi wasn’t going to stand a chance against him. Akio ran in front of Asumi to protect her. He knew that the man was going to strike a blow with his sword. The blade entered Akio’s chest and exited out the back. Asumi screamed bloody murder and started to cry.

                Blood was starting to gush out of Akio. Asumi fell to her knees next to her dying friend. The man held his sword up to the sky. He was going to end this fight against the children. He was having a lot of fun. He was going to strike Asumi, but Akio stopped him. “Please let my friend live. Just kill me. In honor of you defeating me please take my last request. I will let you take my life, but please just leave her alive.”

                Asumi had tears rolling down her cheeks. Akio was begging for her life to be spared. Why couldn’t she go with him? Asumi didn’t want to live without her partner in crime. “Please, Akio, don’t leave me alone.”

                “Asumi, you have to live for the both of u-us. I-I’m s-sorry…I’m n-not going to m-make it,” Akio said. The man staggered off down the road. He decided he was going to be nice and did what the kid asked. He never thought a child would be a challenge, but this child was.

                Asumi’s heart was breaking as soon as she realized that Akio’s breaths were getting shorter and shorter. She didn’t want him to leave just yet. She wanted him to stay a little bit longer. When Akio finally died a couple of minutes later Asumi screamed out in pain, “I will avenge your death, Akio! I will not let your death be in vain. I will get stronger and one day I will kill him! I love you, Akio!”

                She raised her fist that contained Akio’s blood and made a promise to herself. She was going to get even with that man.



© 2014 Angie Diane♥♥


Author's Note

Angie Diane♥♥
Please tell me what you think! And tell me if you see any grammar mistakes please and thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That was pretty cool. I didn't note any grammer or spelling errors. There were a couple, but I don't remember where they are.
You pulled off 3rd person unlimited better than any other story I've read on this site. Good work with that.
I think many of you sentences can be stronger by axing some of your cliche phrases and creating your own. You should ax some of your 'was' verb forms and replace them with stronger verbs where possible.
I also didn't quite understand why the dude decided to do what Akio requested. He was wicked enough to kill a few kids but suddenly decided to be nice? Give me his true reasons. Dig deeper.
Great work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

You find out his true reasons in the later chapters.
jjwilbourne

9 Years Ago

Ahh. Well consider giving the reader something.
Hiding info (especially in an unlimited viewp.. read more
Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

Lol that's true, but you'll find out soon :p



Reviews

Mean story, but I like it... I dont trust 3rd omniscient, I just never feel like I'm getring enough information. The dialogue feels much older than 10: "In honor of you defeating me please take my last request." Hah! Nah, sunn... even a precoscious 10 having just been stabbed through his 10 year old body w/ a sword by an adult male, isn't about to eloquently request his killer spare his friends life, not like that... the cliche phrases knocked menoutta the story, but I really felt the pacing increase and then decrease at the end. It felt good. I was told instead of shown alot of what was happening which is especially confusing in a 3rd omniscient... find a comic drawer if you arent one, and have them mangafy this joint, and you all set

Posted 5 Years Ago


Angie Diane♥♥

5 Years Ago

This isn't meant to be a manga, but thank you.

The killer is older than 10. He's in .. read more
That was pretty cool. I didn't note any grammer or spelling errors. There were a couple, but I don't remember where they are.
You pulled off 3rd person unlimited better than any other story I've read on this site. Good work with that.
I think many of you sentences can be stronger by axing some of your cliche phrases and creating your own. You should ax some of your 'was' verb forms and replace them with stronger verbs where possible.
I also didn't quite understand why the dude decided to do what Akio requested. He was wicked enough to kill a few kids but suddenly decided to be nice? Give me his true reasons. Dig deeper.
Great work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

You find out his true reasons in the later chapters.
jjwilbourne

9 Years Ago

Ahh. Well consider giving the reader something.
Hiding info (especially in an unlimited viewp.. read more
Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

Lol that's true, but you'll find out soon :p
OH SWEET JESUS HOW DARE AIKO DIE IN SUCH A FASHION.

I hope Asumi finds that wicked man!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

You're review just made me smile! Thank you!
Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

Your* ugh lol
"His own son didn’t want him as a father."
Gee, he seems like a nice guy. I wonder why?
This. Is. Awesome! Already, I can see it's a great story.
Can't wait to see her get back at that, that, demon!
Well done! ^^

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review!
Bluefire

9 Years Ago

You're welcome ^^
Wow i love this! Its like im reading anime.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review :)
It's bloody. lol I like it. You always have done really well with fan fiction. I would have had to chase that man down though. I mean who doesn't like children but I'm guessing that's part of Asumi's promise. Awesome work sis. xx

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

Well I'm not going to tell you, but the ending is sad. lol
joshua deathdealer

9 Years Ago

I can't wait hehe
Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

I bet :D
I can't wait to finish a third book lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

814 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 6, 2014
Last Updated on November 25, 2014


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing