AR- Chapter 8

AR- Chapter 8

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥
"

Enjoy

"

8

-Akio and Asumi’s Past-

Final Part

                “Why are you still so annoyed with me,” Asumi asked Akio. Akio sighed and gave her a stern look. She knew why he was annoyed with her, but she didn’t want to admit it. Asumi glared at Akio and realized why he was annoyed. She had given someone she just met money. Asumi could tell that he was a good kid. Asumi didn’t think he was lying about what he told her. She could tell when someone was being honest and someone was lying.

                “I’m annoyed because you gave that kid money. It’s hard to make money in these times. So giving away what little we have to someone we don’t know is not a good thing,” Akio said in an annoyed tone. Asumi sighed and looked down at the floor. She knew that times were hard, but she didn’t want someone to suffer as much as she had to. She lost her mother and father. Akio did too so she figured he would understand why she was helping him.

                “Did you really want that little boy’s mother to die? Do you want him to suffer as much as we had to? I thought you would understand why I would do this for someone,” Asumi said.

                “You’re too kind to everyone. You don’t know if he was lying to us,” Akio responded.

                “I trust my judgment. You should learn to trust my judgment too.”

                “I can’t always trust your judgment. You have terrible judgment! You always have and you always will. You have a lot of growing up to do, Asumi. I know we’re four, but we have to be wise. We have to find ways to survive. So don’t give away any of our money,” Akio responded glaring at her. Asumi could feel tears entering her eyes. Her best friend couldn’t trust her judgment.

                “You really can be a terrible friend sometimes, Akio…”

                Asumi was starting to feel depressed. She hated when Akio and her had arguments like this. She knew one of them was going to get hurt in the end. She saw the hurt flash in Akio’s eyes. Anger started to rise in his chest. He hated when she told him that.

                “I’m a terrible friend! Ha, don’t make me laugh. You can be unbearable sometimes, Asumi. Sometimes I really wish we had never become friends, but I am stuck with you. You are the only person in my life, but still I really wish you weren’t. Get out of my sight,” Akio exploded. He was angry. Asumi could clearly see that.

                “I’m really….” Asumi started to say, but she was interrupted with a slap in the face. Akio looked at his hand and then at Asumi. Tears started flowing down her cheeks. That was the first time Akio had hit her.

                “I told you to get out of my sight,” Akio responded quietly… and looked down at the floor. Asumi ran out of the house. She didn’t want to be around him at the moment. She was crying pretty hard. Her cheek was still stinging a little bit. Akio had a hard hit.

                Asumi wasn’t looking where she was going and bumped into someone. She fell backwards on her butt. The other person was knocked down as well. She got up as quickly as she could and helped the other person up. “I’m really sorry. I wasn’t really paying attention to where I was going.”

                “It’s alright, Asumi,” she heard a familiar voice. She looked up to see Yuki standing in front of her. She couldn’t help, but smile when she saw him. At least she was around someone that wasn’t mad at her. She had never seen Akio that mad at her before. “Are you okay?”

                “Oh…yeah…I’m fine,” she responded wiping away the tears. She hadn’t even noticed that she was still crying.

                “You really don’t look all that entirely fine,” Yuki responded.

                “I’m fine, really, what brings you here,” she asked him.

                “Actually I came to return some of the money you let me borrow. Mom found me a dollar to give to you and I have fifty cents left over from the clinic. Mom said thank you as well. She wanted to thank you personally, but the doctor advised her not to get out of bed for a couple of days,” Yuki responded smiling.

                “Thank you so much!”

                “No, thank you, Asumi, if it weren’t for your kindness Mom wouldn’t have made it. I don’t know what I would do without her. Thank you so much for being there for me. I promise you I will pay you back the money that I owe you. I know that man is going to be sending us money soon. I will give it back to you then,” Yuki responded. Yuki pulled Asumi into a hug. She was crying even more than she had when she bumped into him.

                “I didn’t want you to have to suffer what Akio and I had to go through. We have been through so much in the last couple of weeks. Our parents were murdered in front of us. Akio and I have been struggling to survive lately. That is why we help the local people. They give us enough food to survive,” Asumi responded.

                “I am extremely sorry…that you lost your parents,” Yuki responded. He hugged Asumi again. “I am sorry to cut this short, but I have to get going now. Mom will have a cow if I’m not home soon. Thank you again, Asumi, I love you!”

                “I love you too, Yuki,” Asumi said blushing a little bit. She was surprised that someone had said that to her. She was not used to being told that by a stranger.

                Asumi decided to walk around a little bit longer before going home. She didn’t know what mood Akio was going to be in when she got home, but she really hoped he wasn’t angry anymore. She heard her stomach rumble and she knew then that she had to go home. She was not prepared too…especially since Akio had hit her.

                As soon as the door opened Akio ran to Asumi and hugged her tight. She noticed that his eyes were red. It looked as if he had been crying. “I’m really sorry, Asumi, I didn’t mean what I said. You are my best friend. I don’t know what I would do without you. I’m also sorry I hit you. I didn’t mean to.”

                “I forgive you, Akio. I know you didn’t mean it. I knew you were just angry. By the way…I ran into Yuki and he gave us most of the money back that we gave him,” Asumi responded. Akio gave her a shocked look. He never expected that. He apologized to Asumi for being a jerk to her.

                A couple of days later Yuki returned with the rest of the money that they owed him. Akio then learned that he could always trust Asumi’s instincts.



© 2014 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

YEAH AIKO, TAKE THAT.

Aiko is kinda getting on my nerves lately. I mean, I know that Aiko and Asumi have a history, but GEEZ he is WAY TOO calloused. He needs to...yknow...not.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

lol yes he is

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
1 Review
Added on July 2, 2014
Last Updated on July 2, 2014


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing