Through the Monsoon

Through the Monsoon

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥
"

A fairytale that I wrote for school. It is about a girl who has to overcome obstacles to find her true love, but the spell is a surprise.

"

Once upon a time lived a girl named Serena who lived in the land of Verbena. She was very beautiful and everyone was jealous of her. She was always ridiculed by everyone that she met on the street because they heard rumors of her. She didn't really care at the moment until her life changed forever on one God forsaken day.

 She was walking to her home in Verbena when she found an elderly person lying in the middle of the woods. She went over to help the elderly woman who was near her home. She didn't know that the elderly woman had been a witch in disguise. She witch only had disguised herself as an old woman to play a trick on anyone that was going to walk by.

 The witch wanted to cast the spell on someone that was to gullible to help an elderly person. She only knew of few people that were that generous and gullible. She knew Serena was one of those people who were generous enough to help the people that couldn't help themselves.

"Miss, are you okay," Serena had asked the witch. She helped the woman up and the crinkly old woman smiled at her.

"Why yes. I am," the witch replied with a sly smiled on her face. She knew that she was going to be able to trick Serena easily. The witch had been watching Serena since she was a kid.

"Would you like to come to my house? I can make you a nice cup of coffee or tea."

"Yes, I would like a nice cup of tea," replied the old woman who looked like she aged at every second.

They walked into her house and she made the old woman a cup of tea. Serena never really had any company. Only every once in a while when her friends from another part of the country came to visit she would have company.

"Do you want any herbs in the tea?"

"No, thank you," she replied. The witch was about to reveal herself to her savior. She was going to cast a spell of the lifetime. When Serena finished the tea she had made she sat on the couch to have a conversation with the woman.

Serena then realized that the old woman had disappeared. She was scared that she the old woman was a witch. She never experienced anything like this before and she never wanted this to happen again. She was still scared though the witch was no where to be found.

"Are you looking for me," Melinda appeared in front of her. She had blonde flowing hair and she was wearing a black hat and a black witch cloak. She was sitting on a broom stick in the middle of the room.

"What do you want from me?"

"To see how well I could trick you. Since you are easily tricked I will have to cast a spell on you. This spell will stay with you until you fall in love," the witch said. She cast the spell and then all of a sudden a gray rain cloud was over her head.

The rain cloud started to rain Serena's head. Serena was gloomy look on her face. She knew she had to fall in love and fast. She didn't want to be stuck with this spell forever, but she knew no one in the village of Verbena was going to fall in love with her. She decided after that she was going to leave her home town.

She ran away from her home to search for a new one. She didn't want anyone in Verbena to see her until she was getting married or in love. She couldn't live in a house now because she had a cloud that was raining over her. She would flood the place if she lived in it. She decided she was going to live by the river of Nervena. Nervena was two villages away from where she lived. She had been to that river before when she was a small child. She settled on the ground next to the river where the sun wasn't shining. She was going to go in the river when she was ready. She was going to be there for a while since she had that stupid spell casted on.

As she was walking up the river she saw something she didn't think she would see. She saw another person walking up the river. It was a guy with long flowing black hair. He was washing clothes in the river. She didn't expect to see anyone because not many people knew of this lake. They would only find it sometimes and never know where it was again.

She only remembered the river because her father had taught her how to get there. Her father had been really good at discovering new places on the road. He also had guided her with his spirit. She had lost her father when she was very young, but she always remembered the places that he had shown her. The river was that she had first found with him.

The guy hadn't noticed Serena standing there. She was just observing him from the distance because he was still washing his clothes. She didn't want to disturb him from what he was doing. She wanted to talk to him, but she was to shy to go up to a complete stranger. She figured that he wouldn't want to talk to a stranger either.

When he was done washing his clothes he had tied a string to a tree and also on another tree. He hung his clothes on the line to dry. Then a wind started to pick up and some of his clothes started to blow her way. She caught them in the air and she had forgotten about the rain cloud that was above her head. The clothes started to get wet again from the rain cloud that was above her head.

"Excuse, your clothes started to blow away," she said went up to the guy.

"Why thank you for retrieving my item for me," he said.

"You're very welcome."

"By the way my name is Darren. What is yours?"

"Serena," she responded shyly.

" Well thank you, Serena."

"I have to go it was nice to meet you," she said. She ran away from Darren because she didn't really want to talk to him anymore. She knew that she actually liked Darren. She thought he was cute and she loved his nice flowing black hair. She thought he was going to be the one of her dreams.

'Why am I so weak,' she thought to herself. She liked him, but she was too shy to talk to him. She didn't want to be shy anymore. She wanted to be stronger, but she didn't know how to be stronger then she already was.

She continued to watch him for the next few days. He would either be practicing with the sword he kept. Or he would be sitting there waiting for something. She couldn't figure out what he was waiting for.

She walked down the river to the same spot where she had first found Darren. She noticed that something was different. There was a girl there with him. He had a smile on his face when she saw him. Her heart broke into tiny pieces, but she moved closer to hear what the two of them were talking about.

"Darren, it is good to see you again," said a tiny girl with dirty blonde hair. She was pretty, but not as beautiful as Serena. Serena was a little jealous of the little girl that Darren was hanging out with.

"It's nice to see you too," he said to the girl.

"What have you been up to lately," she asked.

"I have been practicing with my sword and sitting here watching the clouds. How about you, Maggie?"

"I have been searching for a new place to hang out beside the village. It is odd bumping into you. How long have you been here for?"

"I have been here for about five days."

"Why?"

"I have been waiting for this girl I met, but I haven't seen her in a while. She has a rain cloud above her head. I wanted to ask her about it. She was beautiful too," Darren had said.

"Well I hope you find her," Maggie said jealously. Serena then knew that the girl was going to be a problem. She could tell that the girl had a crush on Darren since she saw her. Serena was surprised that Darren had thought she was beautiful.

Serena was too shy to talk to Darren and she thought she was weak. She thought that she was because she was to shy. She had a big crush on him and he seemed to have a crush on her too. She started to walk away, but then she stepped on a branch. Which caught the attention of Darren and the girl Maggie.

"What was that," Maggie asked.

"I'll go check and you stay here alright?"

"Alright, but be careful Darren." Darren preceded to walk into the woods where they heard the sound. Serena tried to run away from Darren and the girl that was in her way. Darren eventually saw Serena.

"Serena, is that you," asked Darren.

"Yes," she said softly.

"I haven't seen you in forever," he said. She just nodded because she knew he hadn't seen her in forever.

"I want you to meet someone." She nodded not saying anything and followed Darren back to where he was staying. She didn't want to meet the girl that liked Darren. She didn't have a choice though because Darren wanted to meet her. She guessed that he wanted to know why she had the rain cloud over her head too.

"Maggie, this is Serena the girl I was telling you about," Darren said.

"Nice to meet you Serena," said Maggie still who sounded jealous. She also looked stunned when she saw what Serena looked like.

"Nice to meet you too," Serena said.

'Wow she is beautiful,' Maggie thought to herself. She was still jealous that Serena was beautiful and she had a crush on Darren since she was a little girl. She didn't like that anyone else was trying to steal him away from her. She had always thought that Darren was going to be her man.

"Serena, I had a question for you," Darren said.

"Yes."

"Why is there a rain cloud over your head?"

"Well about a week or two ago I helped up a little old woman. She seemed friendly at first. I invited her to come to my house to have a cup of tea. She said yes and she came over my house. I rarely had visitors and I was really excited that I had one. When I was making the tea for her she disappeared. I had realized that she was the witch Melinda. She cast a spell on me for being generous. The spell will go away when I get married. I don't know what was going to happen after I find the right guy and get married," Serena explained. Serena looked upset after telling the story. Darren felt bad for making her tell the story. He didn't mean to hurt the girl he liked.

"I'm sorry. I can tell you are upset. I just really like you and I wanted to know."

"It's okay," she said in shock because she didn't know that he liked her. Maggie was shocked too because she liked Darren. Darren smiled at Serena which caused Maggie to get jealous of Serena. Maggie then stood up and pulled at Serena's hair. Serena didn't understand why she was doing that.

"Maggie, stop hurting her," Darren said. He was a little angry that Maggie was acting childish.

"I like you and I want to be with you. Are you choosing a girl you just met over me?"

"Yes, because she is actually sweet. She doesn't hurt people like you have in the past. I have seen what you did to people, Maggie. When I saw her she looked innocent and kind. She looked gentler then you did. I was more attracted to her when I first saw her. In her eyes there was a type of sadness though. It made me feel bad for her and now I like her because she is innocent. You are a horrible friend if you hurt the girl I like. I am sorry, but can you please leave. I want to talk to the girl I like. I also need to go into town and I want her to come with me," Darren said.

:"Why," Serena asked him shocked.

"I want to ask you something," Darren said. Serena was scared of what he was going to ask her. She didn't know what it could be. She didn't realize that he was going to ask her the question that she had been waiting for a long time to hear.

Maggie didn't let go of Serena's hair and Serena smacked her hand off of her hair. Maggie was shocked that Serena had smacked her hand off her. Darren was a little shocked as well that Serena would do something like that.

"I'm sorry she was hurting me. I don't like getting hurt. I am one of those people who would only hurt someone that was hurting them. That rarely ever happened to me. I hope it never happens again."

Darren just smiled and they ended up walking into his town together. They left Maggie by the river and she was still jealous. She didn't want to do anything to ruin her and Darren's friendship.

When they got into town Darren made Serena close her eyes. He went into the jewelry store that was in town. He bought a nice diamond ring for Serena. He came out of the ring shop and he put it in his pocket. He wanted to keep the ring a surprise. He brought her to his house.

"You can open your eyes now," he said to her. She opened her eyes and then she saw him kneeling on the floor. She looked a little shock because she didn't think she would find the right guy within five days of the spell.

"Will you marry me," Darren asked.

"Yes," she said and jumped into his arms. All of a sudden Melinda appeared. She didn't look to happy. She gave them the meanest look ever.

"Well it seems that you have found the right guy. I didn't expect you to find him so quickly. I am impressed with you little Serena," she said.

Serena didn't say anything to her. She just looked at her and she wasn't surprised that she was going to show up after she found the one that she was going to marry.

"Who are you?"

"This is Melinda."

Melinda was smiling because Darren never heard of her before. Melinda then knew what she was going to do.

"Serena, since you found love so fast you need to get married within a week or the spell will stay with you forever," she said in an evil tone. She disappeared and then Darren was standing still. Serena snapped him out of his shock at what Melinda had said.

"Darren, we need to get married and soon."

"Yes, we can get married in two days. We need to start planning and fast."

They picked out a wedding dress and a suit for the wedding within ten minutes. Serena was going to wear her mothers wedding dress. Darren decided to wear his fathers suit.

"Who do you want to invite to the wedding, Darren?"

:"My mother and father and the rest of my family and a few friends. Are you inviting your parents?"

"My Dad is dead and my mother moved away a long time ago. She never called me and I don't know where she lives. She left when I was sixteen. My Dad had died when I was little. She went crazy because he died. She had to leave and she didn't want to take me with her because I was the spitting image of my father," Serena explained.

"I'm sorry do you have any cousins you want to invite?"

"Okay, I will call them." She called her favorite cousins and invited them to her wedding which was in a day and a half. Her cousins got there within a few hours. Some of them she didn't invite, but they were going to go anyway. The cousins they invited told them about the wedding and they wanted to be there for the wedding.

The day of the wedding came and the rain cloud got smaller and smaller. The rain cloud was to small to rain on her on her wedding day. She was happy about that because she didn't want anything to go wrong when she said her vows.

"Do you Serena take Darren to be your husband?"

"I do," she said.

"Do you Darren take Serena to be your wife?"

"I do."

"You may now kiss the bride." Darren and Serena kissed and the rain cloud went up into the sky. Then it turned into a rainbow over the sky. Serena and Darren looked up at it and so did everyone that had attended the wedding. They were stunned and amazed that a rainbow happened.

Ten years later Darren and Serena had a two kids. A little boy named Darren Jr. and a little girl named Sarah. They lived happily ever after.

The End



© 2010 Angie Diane♥♥


Author's Note

Angie Diane♥♥
I hope you enjoy. Please ignore grammar mistakes if any.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
Added on March 15, 2010
Last Updated on July 15, 2010


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing