Working Way to Hard

Working Way to Hard

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥

                 She was thinking about what her teacher had told her. Her grades had been slipping recently and she couldn’t tell anyone why. It was a big secret as to why her grades were dropping. She sat down on a chair in her living room. The words still repeating in her head while she was sitting there looking off into space.


                “I’m sorry, but if you don’t bring your grades up you will end up failing all of your classes. All of your teachers have been complaining about your grades. Your grades used to be the best in the class. Now all of them are the worst in the class. If you don’t pass this test you will fail for the marking period. You will have to go to summer school.”


                The words had affected her just a little bit. It wasn’t as affective as what was going on in her life though. Her mother was sick and her father wasn’t around. Her parents had gotten a divorce when she was very young. She sighed and she started to do her homework. She didn’t want to fail the class or any other classes.


                “Mom, are you okay,” she called when she heard her mother saying ouch. Her daughter didn’t want to see her suffer.


“I’m fine, dear,” her mother called back.  She got up from her homework to go check on her mother. She knew her mother was still suffering.


                “Abigail, you don’t need to check on me every time you hear me say ouch,” her mother said.


                “I’m just trying to take care of you, Mom,” she responded.  She sighed again as she looked at the time. She had to go to work in an hour. She decided to get ready for work. She got her uniform out and she ironed it. She took a shower after ironing. When she got out of the shower she turned put on her uniform and redid her hair. She wet it in the shower and put grease and hair gel in it to keep the curls.


                “I have to go to work, Mom. Call me if you need anything. Don’t forget to take your medicine,” she said. Her mother nodded and she left for work. She didn’t like leaving her mother home alone. If she didn’t work though she wouldn’t be able to pay the bills or take care of her mother. She had to work although she was only seventeen and making minimum wage still she was able to pay the bills at the end of the month.


                “Abigail,” her boss called.


                “Yes,” she responded to him.


                “Are you working over time again,” her boss asked her frowning. He didn’t like to see a young seventeen year old working this hard. He felt bad for her and he knew the situation.


                “Yes, sir,” she said. She didn’t want to let her mother down by not paying the bills that month. She needed to do that for her mother. She deserved to be cared for while she was sick.


                “You shouldn’t be working this hard. Don’t you have school in the morning,” he asked.


                “I do, but I need to work a little bit longer,” she said. She worked for another hour or so and then went home. By the time she got home it was eleven o’clock. Her mother was sleeping when she walked in the door. She locked the door and went up to her room. She did her homework like she had started and finished it by midnight. She finally went to sleep around twelve-thirty. She had six hours before she had to get up and get ready for school.


                She still had what the teacher said in her mind. At the moment she didn’t care. She just wanted her mother to feel better. She fell asleep in all her classes. Her teachers were now worried about her. They decided to get to the bottom of it. They asked her after school. She told them the situation and made them feel bad about themselves because they didn’t know what was going on in her life. They felt horrible, but she ended up passing for the marking period.



© 2010 Angie Diane♥♥


Author's Note

Angie Diane♥♥
Please read and review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Basically, I agree with the previous reviewers.
This is an amazing story.

buuutttt, the end did feel a bit sudden.
Still, you did a great job writing it. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


amazing storytelling. you're imaginative and descriptive sense was great. lifted no doubt by the happy ending (which i don't rather like very much, call me weird) but in this story, the ending was perfect. it was short but very nice and you cant help fall in love with the story.
needless to say, i loved it:)))
Abby

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really like this short story, I do think that it could develop into a great book as well. I wish you could make it longer, it seemed that the end was a bit just cut off, like it just finished too quick and suddenly, but I like it anyways. Very good grammar and description in this, great job and great idea. Keep it up! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really liked this, I also agree with James about the happy ending. You could almost make this longer into a bigger story, that would be amazing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I agree With James, I like the happy ending. You could actually develop this into something larger, like a book. Just a thought though. Your grammar and punctuation are great and the story is very well written. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This one, unlike the other I read, has a happy ending. :P
I really enjoyed it, and it goes to show that things like this actually happen. :(
I like how you wrote it, too. You have good grammar/punctuation. :)
Happy endings always lift my mood!
Thanks for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

439 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 27, 2010
Last Updated on July 15, 2010


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..