Trapped

Trapped

A Poem by Wednesday
"

Free verse poem.

"

I'm trapped

I don't feel like eating but I eat my dinner, feeling numb and scared

I don't think I will be able to sleep at all tonight, feeling awake and empty

Her voice haunts my mind, the insults, the sneering laughs

She will be my demise, I can feel it

Her mocking slowly eats away at me, bit by bit

I am a mess, I'm in distress

I am trapped in a downpour of misery and can't get out

© 2011 Wednesday


Author's Note

Wednesday
Not my best work.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

as i'm reading this, my mind constructed a picture of the person who wrote this. and it's a great mess. i like direct to the point stuffs such as these, :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


so much emotion in such little amount of words. don't let people get you down be who you are and if they don't like it, they will get over it. good write keep it up.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I understand this piece quite well. If this is about an eating disorder, I'm going through it as well. I hear the voice every now and then...telling me not to eat when i'm not hungry, not to eat when I am...craving to stay empty because I don't admire the feeling of being full. It's a very stressful and scary addiction...but it exists and it's up to us to figure out the outcome and pull through.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's scary when we feeled trapped within ourselves and can't escape it any way. Is this possibly about an eating disorder? If so, I understand because it's partially what I've been dealing with...I hear the voice telling me all the night not to eat food when i'm not hungry or when i am...i'm afraid to eat in front of people because of their looks and possible thoughts. It's a very stressful and scary addiction...but it's there and it exists. It's up to us to figure out the outcome of it all and to pull through.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 20, 2011
Last Updated on May 24, 2011

Author

Wednesday
Wednesday

About
Hey. My name isn't really Wednesday. I have a really common, boring name, so I decided I would give myself an interesting author name. I write different genres and types of writing. more..

Writing
Violins Violins

A Poem by Wednesday