salmon-headed god

salmon-headed god

A Poem by Ed Hart


leaping the abyss

exhausted

the salmon-headed god

says nothing and dies


the spawn

igniting

the newly crested eternity

breathes yes

into the slow chain of design


self recognized

self ordained

realization gathers itself

and leaps

© 2017 Ed Hart


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is the order of the universe, the rules of nature that included are life and death, the new and the old, the beginning and the end. The adventure is exhausting, but it continues in another - the slow chain of design. Yes, life is carried on by another, even after the demise of the one!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I'm glad we don't just spawn and die; the biological imperative wouldn't stand a chance. :))

I like how you celebrate the handing over of the reins.

Beccy.


Posted 7 Years Ago


A wise mortal writes his or her own story. Creates a lifetime of invisible changes but - the heart remains constant in each and every breath. Even at the dive and flight of absolute mystery.

Perhaps?

Posted 7 Years Ago


Most excellent, as usual..
Some seem eager to see what's next .. It is their duty of sorts.. what else can one do, but what they were created for.. endings and beginnings ... never cease to BE..............

Jazzy

Posted 7 Years Ago


realizations like salmon...jumping across some dimension, hoping the Bears won't catch them and crunch them...

we are in a new eternity now---one we hope won't last forever---that abyss is trying to grab our feet and pull us in.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


It is fine when you can see the events unfold. Leaping towards that consumated inevitable death. Excellent metaphor here my dear friend. But would I expect anything less?

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
6 Reviews
Added on March 12, 2017
Last Updated on March 12, 2017

Author

Ed Hart
Ed Hart

Olympia, WA



About
3/11/17, i am taking this way to notify my friends and readers that several months ago i was given my walking papers from this dimension...i have pancreatic cancer, stage 4, metastasized...so, you can.. more..

Writing
embers embers

A Poem by Ed Hart


broken broken

A Poem by Ed Hart