The Disovery of the Chronicles

The Disovery of the Chronicles

A Story by edloud

The discovery of a vast collection of tomes detailing the history of the western hemisphere from the time of mans first steps on the new land to its collapse would be very useful to historians, if it were to exist. It does exist, however it is thought to be a forgery or a fake. I assure you of its authenticity. I can, for I am the one who found it. All 243 books each over 1000 pages long detailing the life of every king, emperor, or chief on the continent. I will verify the authenticity by telling you how and where it was found. It will take us over three continents and months of research and failed attempts to get it, but I finally did.

It all started when I was serving in Bosnia. I was bravely running away when I fell into a deep pit and knocked myself out cold. When I woke up it was dark outside, and very dark in the pit I had fallen in. Only it wasn’t a pit, it was an ancient city covered with the dirt of ages and I had found a sink hole that dropped me into this netherworld. I saw my situation as dire and began to try to find a way out, until I came across a library. It actually didn’t hold my attention at first, what did was that the back door went into a cavern that might lead to the way out. What I found in the cavern was an ancient scroll that told of how the plans for the Great Library in Alexandria came about. It seems it was a smaller copy of one in Algonquia. I took the scroll and the map that was attached to it and found my way out of the cave.

A few months later I was in Florida digging holes all over the everglades. Although I did not find the library I did find a few other artifacts that where quickly swept under the rug. Iron tools and weapons. Mechanical tools and apparatus’. The most important thing I didn't turn over. It was a small manuscript written in Ancient Greek.

Apparently I am an idiot and had the map upside down. I realized that I should have been in New England rather than Florida. The water level was different when the map was made and the maker of the map used south as a marker rather than north.

Feeling like a complete moron I arranged for transportation to Rhode Island and arrived a week later. After weeks of looking and having no luck, I spent my last twenty dollars on a cheap motel room near an old Indian mound. The motel was extremely old and rotting. I threw my gear down on the floor and it collapsed from under me. Jack pot. All the research in the world couldn’t match pure dumb luck. I found it. The Great Library of Algonquia. Every scroll, tome, book, or artwork created in prehistory was there.

I found them instantly. Not because I knew what I was looking for, but rather what the books where made out of. The covers where made of silver and iron alloy. The pages were of a gold alloy. What caught my eye was the sparkle. It wasn't until I opened them that I discovered their true worth. At once I saw the writing was familiar and puzzling at the same time. It was etched, electrically into the gold and it seemed to glow in the light. It was in Ancient Greek, again. And I became engrossed in what I read. I took it to a friend of mine at Cambridge. He was excited and extremely eager to spread the word. I just wanted to sell them.

Short version of what happened next, the scientific community declared them a forgery due to where they were found, the language they were in and what they were made out of. Stupid bustards have no idea...no idea....

© 2013 edloud


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on June 23, 2013
Last Updated on June 27, 2013

Author

edloud
edloud

IN



Writing
Dogs Life Dogs Life

A Chapter by edloud


A Girl & Her Dog A Girl & Her Dog

A Chapter by edloud