THE TRAWLERMAN

THE TRAWLERMAN

A Poem by kitty
"

Appreciating those who provide food for our tables.

"
                                      THE TRAWLERMAN

Just a job to the ordinary man
working in unity under the sun

The beauty we see - displays majestic revelry.

Artists paint, photographers capture, writers write
and re create nature to those unable to be on site.

Portrayal at its best putting forth, capturing.
these wonders ~ magical scenes created as they tirelessly 'trawl'

For artists ~ brush strokes on canvas tell
For photographers ~ a 'shot' a still ~ lens posed at will.
For writers and keen observers the ink will flow
          and glorious beauty show >>>
that humans depend on the graft and skill of those
who work tirelesly to eek out a living providing food
           for our tables ~ serving one and all!
Created @ 8.15 PM on Monday 30th October 2017

© 2017 kitty


Author's Note

kitty
In appreciation of those who face the dangers of the seas to provide food for our tables.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

and in their own right, they are artists as well...there is a knack to many modes of employment...and not everyone can do every job...just like not all can paint, or write or sing or play a guitar.

i like this note of appreciation for those on the sea.
i visited Salem, Mass. once and visited the oldest park in our country..there is a house and a roof that is fenced in, where the women stood waiting for their husbands' ships to come home.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kitty

6 Years Ago

Good day to you fellow writer. You in your review brought me to a seaside town in Hastings Where you.. read more



Reviews

loved the simplicity of this art. Seriously, no one ever admires the efforts of those people. So proud to be your friend :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Writer at last! Sky ~

6 Years Ago

Think for the one who think of others. I think does I am really thinking so much?
kitty

6 Years Ago

Hooray for all positive thinkers! Have a good night!
Writer at last! Sky ~

6 Years Ago

Night is good! Day is bright, if you have a heart full of positive vibes...
A well intended appreciative poem for those trawler men Kitty and that's from a man who doesn't like fish! Spent all of my working life at sea as you know so this is a special to me.(all your work is special to me) take care Rod.

Posted 6 Years Ago


kitty

6 Years Ago

Happy to share your company sailor! Pity you cant try BBQ'd fish! Getting comfy now? Good!
Kitty, your poetic tribute is amazing and honors all noble tradesmen/women- not “ordinary” by any means. Beautiful form, flow, cadence, imagery and rhyme to this work. Artists all- in skill and labor and fruits of labor. For their travails, we survive. Well- done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kitty

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for this visit. much appreciated.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
I tip my gap to each and every one of them. A nice tribute to the often, always forgotten labours of these men

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kitty

6 Years Ago

Oops! nearly forgot to tell you thanks for an insightful review. Thank you. Have a lovely week end!<.. read more
Morning dear Kitty*

I'm so happy to see that You've added a new poem, I wanted a company from those old wonderful friends of mine, Your spiritual essense just flowing beautifully as ever, the gratitude and contentment You express in each sentence is like the gentle song, a completely sincere gorgeous poem that fills our hearts with warmth...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kitty

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much my dear friend for dropping by. Good day to you. Your sincere review inspire me to.. read more
and in their own right, they are artists as well...there is a knack to many modes of employment...and not everyone can do every job...just like not all can paint, or write or sing or play a guitar.

i like this note of appreciation for those on the sea.
i visited Salem, Mass. once and visited the oldest park in our country..there is a house and a roof that is fenced in, where the women stood waiting for their husbands' ships to come home.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kitty

6 Years Ago

Good day to you fellow writer. You in your review brought me to a seaside town in Hastings Where you.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2017
Last Updated on November 4, 2017

Author

kitty
kitty

Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex, United Kingdom



About
Mature writer. Would like to explore the possibility of posting small humble pieces on this site. Have self published and am seeking further advancement of of recent creations. more..

Writing
I WAITED I WAITED

A Poem by kitty



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..