MEMORIES

MEMORIES

A Poem by kitty
"

" Memories light the corner of my mind....". The 60's revived through a recent loss brought back those memories revived - that lingers nostalgically.

"
                     MEMORIES - They haunt my mind!
                               You Adonis
                    have striven to win favour:
               many a damsels heart you have won
                                no labour.

                              Downcast
                 are many with broken hearts 
              that bleed pon pages near and far
                            they gather.

                            Reflections
                 cast back on days of yore
         bringing back many sweet memories today
                            to the fore!


Note: A novice to poetic form answering a challenge recently set.
Created @ 5.45pm on Saturday 2019. Took 45 minutes to put it together.
Will make a more concerted attempt next time!

© 2019 kitty


Author's Note

kitty
I am one for trying/rising to a challenge with the hope of constructive critique being given. My laptop has said no to centering. Have done my best to improvise.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is done very well, kitty. i like symmetrical layout..reminds us of the symmetry love is suppose to have but if one party loves him or herself too much..there is no relationship...and i surely enjoyed this...

the subject of this poem seems to be someone who left a string of broken hearts back in the day...and yet those old days long gone, he is probably alone now and wondering what happen...it all seemed so easy then.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kitty

4 Years Ago

Sorry Jacob. I thought I had responded to this review. Thank you so much for dropping by to say that.. read more



Reviews

this is done very well, kitty. i like symmetrical layout..reminds us of the symmetry love is suppose to have but if one party loves him or herself too much..there is no relationship...and i surely enjoyed this...

the subject of this poem seems to be someone who left a string of broken hearts back in the day...and yet those old days long gone, he is probably alone now and wondering what happen...it all seemed so easy then.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kitty

4 Years Ago

Sorry Jacob. I thought I had responded to this review. Thank you so much for dropping by to say that.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
1 Review
Added on June 15, 2019
Last Updated on June 15, 2019
Tags: young love, first love

Author

kitty
kitty

Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex, United Kingdom



About
Mature writer. Would like to explore the possibility of posting small humble pieces on this site. Have self published and am seeking further advancement of of recent creations. more..

Writing
I WAITED I WAITED

A Poem by kitty