A Fragrant Memory

A Fragrant Memory

A Poem by Emma Berman
"

Exactly 200 words. What up, cafe?

"

The scent entered my nose and stopped me in my tracks, as if my nose were a reminiscing ghost of the past, and it triggered a saga of memories- both sweet and bitter, of the man who’s skin emanated the same smell; the smell that was so arousing and agonizing, how it could cause me to smile and tear; he who played my heart-strings, so elegantly, with his bared teeth smelled just like that scent I smelled on the street in the nighttime coming off the skin of a man whom I did not know at all; but how the smell of his skin compelled me so: I was convinced beyond reason that this stranger and I were destined to meet and his scent was a delivered proof from the universe, I normally did not believe such things but my desperate love for the man who first wore the smell moved me beyond logic into a sea of fear and joy, and I wanted to swim again- if not with him, perhaps with the new man who’s delectable scent was so pungent that it had me standing still in the street in the night, waiting- just waiting- for my love.

© 2012 Emma Berman


Author's Note

Emma Berman
This is one 200 word sentance.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

199

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven

11 Years Ago

I just wanted to make you double check... Lol
Emma Berman

11 Years Ago

Why would you do that?
Steven

11 Years Ago

Because I thought it was funny ;)
I didn't know a man's scent had much value during these times. Mostly now adays it's about physique and financial status. I loved how you eloquently put emphasis on what attracted a woman to a man though. Very creative. Great poem. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


A non-stop story and an exciting one at that.
How the smell of a man stopped you in your tracks
and evoked nostalgic memories that opened you
for new experience.
Great writing !
----- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 11 Years Ago


hahaha loved the pig latin part... took me a second duhhh lol

they say we can tell if someone is right for us by their phermones... i think that is soo cool..

this was fantastic.. glad i got to read it

:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Funny I never even noticed that it was one sentence, guess my thought process just so easily falls into that train of thought mode to better absorb the feeling. I can totally dig that idea. From time to time I have walked past a person in a crowd and been utterly intoxicated by thier scent, like the warner brother's character Pepe Le Pew wafting along on the scent of his amour. Having to fight the urge to run up and get to know them and declare my undying devotion just on the basis of smell. I'm a sucker for a great aroma. I think our sense of smell, is much underused and underestimated in our current sense ratio. I guess there was a time when we would have been able to actually make direct sense of reason behind magnetic allure offered by a persons scent. Perhaps thesedays, we are too visually oriented at the espense of other senses. A great homage to aromatic intoxication! Food for thought.


Posted 11 Years Ago


best sentence ever hahahahahha great work!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


i liked this.

"Run on, Sentence. Run on."

Posted 11 Years Ago


And what a lovely sentence it was! very nicely writen. I loved it

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow. :O

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

857 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2012
Last Updated on August 20, 2012
Tags: scent, love, memory

Author

Emma Berman
Emma Berman

About
Iay eakspay igpay atinlay. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse