Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by elf

Beep. The first sound I hear when I push the button to turn on my computer, then comes the turning of my computer fan as it starts up, I hear another beep, I close my eyes as I listen to the sound of my computer. I built it myself and am very proud since I saved up my own money to buy it. When I finally open my eyes I see the login screen I click on the only user there 'Wanatabe Shuya' that is who I am. As it starts loading up everything else I look for my soda. I look around my room once I have my soda. It's not that big but it's enough just for me. I live in an apartment with a room and a living room with a small kitchen next to the living room and a bathroom on the opposite side. My computer is set up in the living room leaving enough room for table and a bed which I decided to put here since I usually stay up late playing games. I take a gulp of my soda which makes me get tears in my eyes because the carbonated drink feels like it gets trapped in my throat. I open up my GameChat which I use to talk to my friend whenever we play a game. I click on his name and while the call is connecting I set up my headset and turn off my lights.

"Hey Shuya." I hear as I get back into my seat and put on my headset.

"Hey Takuto. You ready for this boss raid with the rest of the team?" I say opening up the game treasure quest a PC mmorpg.

"Yeah except not everyone was too happy about you joining us," he says as I log in. I grabbed a bag of chips while I wait for it to load and start eating the salt and vinegar chips. "Again with the chips? You eat them every time we play. Are you sure you're eating well?"

"And there you go again. I swear you more like a mother than a friend," I say as a smile grows across my face, " but yes I am eating well I visit the convenience store close by for food every day."

"That's not eating well. You should learn to cook if not you're going to get sick."

"Oh well," I say sarcastically, "let's hurry and get to the meeting place it's about time." And so I start moving my character to the exit of the town called Gold Chest.

"Well then," says Greydon the leader of our party as he looks at me with a hateful look. He's the one who opposed most about me joining the party.

"So everybody knows the battle plan right?" Says Takuto trying to get the tension between many to go away, "alright then let's move out!" We walk through a jungle type dungeon. It has leaves and vines everywhere and trees so tall you can't even climb them or see the top. As we walk I see shadows overlapping everywhere I look. I love games like this, heck I love all games. Except I am not good at any games other than puzzle games.

"And I shouldn't be either," I mumbled to myself after checking my loot from the few monsters we just killed.

"Did you say something Shuya?"

"No just thinking to myself, anyway how did you convince them to let me join them this expedition?"

"I just told them I wouldn't join them if you weren't in the party." Liar. You probably offered them half of your boss loot or all of it just so I could fight.

"Well again thank you," I say as we reached the boss door. It was gold with a weird design on it. This door was different from all of the rest we've been to. The normal doors were either black, red or white and the design was usually of the boss. This design though, had an axe with words in one of the languages that certain races in the game could read. I had that race and it read 'I will behead all who enters for none will leave alive,' but I chose not to say anything. Then we waited until someone could translate it.

"I translated it," says Takuto, who happens to be of the same race, two minutes after I . He read it aloud but I paid no attention since I already knew what it said.

"Everybody take five minutes to prepare yourselves we enter after you're ready," says the Greydon looking at everyone then giving me another look of disgust like earlier.
As everyone prepares Greydon decides to talk to me.
"I don't know how you got My lord to give be so friendly to you but I want you to stay away from him or you will regret it." 'My lord' I think to myself 'Oh he must be talking about Takuto.' I forgot Greydon calls Takuto that since he's the only person who beat him in a duel.

"Well he's my best friend so I can't leave him," I respond.

"Are you guys ready?" I hear Takuto ask. Thank you Takuto you saved me again I silently thank him. Me and Greydon both nod and get in our formation to enter the dungeon. I am up front since I chose to be a fighter but I spent my points on trying to get magic only to "find out" my class can't learn it even though my race is supposed to be full of magical abilities. As we walk through the door we see blood splattered all over the walls and floor and even some dripping from the ceiling. Then out of a back room comes out the boss. He was twenty times bigger than the average human and he wore golden armor.

"Who dares enter the execution zone!" Yells the boss picking up a huge axe then he comes at us.
Our battle lasts for almost four hours. I deal as much damage as I can but I was the one doing the least amount of damage. Finally I take action and jump out at it planning to use everything I have while it's supposed to be the tank's turn.

"Shuya get back you be killed!"

"I can kill it no need to worry!" The move I just used however left me vulnerable. Damn it. I can't move now and it was so close to dying. I see a flash of orange pass me. It was Takuto. He took that moment after I attacked to attack the boss himself. He attacks it with everything he has and considering how low the bosses health was Takuto was able to take out the boss. Good, I think to myself, That's how it's supposed to be.


© 2015 elf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can see you are a BIG fan of sword art online :)
It's good, but you should try to write a story of your OWN...

Posted 8 Years Ago


I really wish I could be more constructive, but I'm kind of too interested in the story to provide real feedback. I guess I just wanted to say this is very interesting and you're hella swe (y)

Posted 8 Years Ago


It was an interesting read. There are a few places in the beginning that felt a little choppy like ' I live in an apartment with a room and a living room with a small kitchen next to the living room and a bathroom on the opposite side.' could be cut down a little using commas like this 'I live in a an apartment with a room, living room with a small kitchen next to it, and a bathroom. And in the sentence 'Thank you Takuto you saved me again I silently thank him.' you repeat yourself a little, you could use 'I thanked Takuto silently for saving me again.' But these are just my humble opinons, take it as you will.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 25, 2015
Last Updated on November 25, 2015


Author

elf
elf

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by elf


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by elf


Cross Swords Cross Swords

A Book by elf