Hazel Eyes 7/6/16

Hazel Eyes 7/6/16

A Story by ElizabethTroy
"

My second excerpt from my Complete The story book.

"
I didn't expect to see her, not on this night, not at this party. She normally went out of her way to avoid parties. When we first met she had her nose stuck in a book while everyone else in class around her were talking about a big party at the frat house that night. I had to talk to her. I went up to her and she gave me a look like she didn't want to be disturbed. I introduced myself to her, and she looked at me and realized that I wasn't going anywhere. So, she put down her book, smiled, and told me that her name was Clare. That one smile had me hooked. I suddenly wanted to know every little thing about her, but my dumbass asked her if she was going to the party, and I could tell she already was  not interested. She looked at me with those big hazel eyes and reached for her book, so I grabbed for her hand and asked her to go out with me that night. She seemed hesitant while she looked at me with those eyes, and for some reason she agreed. One smile and look from her and I was intrigued, one date and I was hooked, and one kiss I was in love. For the next month we were by each other's side. "Forever and ever," I always told her. I don't know why but she saw galaxies in my eyes, and the universe in hers. But I fucked up. I was bored and drunk, and I fucked some chick whose name that I can't even remember. I don't think that I ever saw someone look more broken. I saw her across the room laughing and drinking and looking so goddamn happy. I had to talk to her. I had to look into those eyes. "What're you doing here," I asked her. She looked at me and smiled and said, "I'm trying to forget you," and turned around and walked away.

© 2016 ElizabethTroy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on July 7, 2016
Last Updated on July 7, 2016
Tags: #completethestory, #love, #loss