My Story

My Story

A Poem by SilentDreamer


You know that feeling you get
After you've been hit in the face
Or punched in the stomach?
(I feel like that every day.)
You know how your head feels
After you've been crying for hours?
(I feel that all too often.)
You know how sometimes you have
That feeling of emptiness you can't explain
And it won't go away?
(I know it all too much.)
You know the feeling that no one
Is there or could possibly understand
Let alone help you?
(You're not alone)
You know that feeling that no one knows
at all, and you're all alone with your secret
That you can never tell?
(...Story of my life.)

© 2011 SilentDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Owe wow that was deep and it cut me right their in the heart that from the beginning you had me hooked nodding my head on every word. This would be a perfect writing for people to relate to just to know they are not alone. I mean I love the stanza and the whole concept of the whole thing as you asked at question that so many have felt at least once in their life sadly but, yet answered it as if its your own. the feel into this was great and emotions and how you came at the end with "Story of my life." was just awesome. I wish I could give you some real constructive criticism but, I'm sorry to say I loved this way to much. Its going in my library. Well done and thanks for letting me know were not alone.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

amazing story in poem! The structure is so original, it has deep meaning, provokes many questions in me like : who never was alone? Are there really people who didnt feel even for a minute all those feelings? or just they are hidden from the world? I like the way you ask the reader and yourself in the same time :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wonderful write! I really don't have much more to say. It was deep and very relatable :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow well written poem about oneself. Tells a lot about what we all go thru in life. It's real and it is not uncommon thoughts and feelings. Well expressed and thought thru. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow well written poem about oneself. Tells a lot about what we all go thru in life. It's real and it is not uncommon thoughts and feelings. Well expressed and thought thru. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


empathy is often overlooked but powerful non the less.. well written..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very deep and emotional. Great poem

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow.. got lost a little but overall awesome job! Very descriptive and pulled from the heart:) Keep up the good work dreama!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
tk
oww.. everyone can relate with this. :) this piece is full of emotions. i can feel the confusion, desolation and grief. you penned this wonderfully! ^_^

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem is really amazing. You captured the feeling of loneliness and forlornness really well in those few questions. The answers in the parantheses contribute to that, in my opinion. It seems to me as if the speaker, or another person, is answering silently, so the responses go by unheard...
There's a lot of sadness in this, and the last line adds to the air of hopelessness conveyed throughout the poem. I myself think there is a lot we ourselves can do to change the things that keep us down, even if we can't alter our emotions.
Great write, keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with Unique(Jasmine), this write is very easy to relate to. I liked how the last stanza tied all those lose ends together. Epic write, fantastically written!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

332 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 13, 2011
Last Updated on December 29, 2011

Author

SilentDreamer
SilentDreamer

About
☼ Hey! Well I'm a writer, of course. I love hanging out with my friends, writing, reading, shopping, being outside, listening to music, cooking, gardening, photography, acting and playing guit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memories of Us Memories of Us

A Poem by Thea


Thinking of You Thinking of You

A Story by emma