This Is Real

This Is Real

A Poem by danielle.

It is no coincidence that good things befall 

when you are travelling the right path…

 

In the aftermath of the war we besieged upon ourselves

we find we are picking through the rubble seeking the parts worth salvaging. Picking, choosing and casting away.

 

Building from the bottom up, from earth itself we reconstruct 

with roots this time to nourish us; a whole new world has opened up.

 

Now we have a friend called wisdom on our side, to help with an 

architectural design. Stone by stone and by every bone in our spines.

 

Better versions, with strength in all the empty spaces, hindsight fills the cracks in places.

 

This is effort in all its beauty and pain.

 

Freedom fought for and found within the already existing bounds of ourselves is infinitely more than what I dreamed escape would be…

 

Now I see; this is the higher score, achieved for degree of difficulty. Something that I’d known but couldn’t reach.

 

Hope ceases to be fiction and is now the map upon which we plot our heart’s desires.

 

We fell apart. 


And then we fell in love again.

 

 

© 2018 danielle.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Reads like the getting of wisdom from life experience and through understanding of our inner selves.

The path through life is indeed a narrow, rocky one. Covered with roots and boulders that seem endless and forever intent on tripping us up. But through walking this path, through all its trials and tribulations, we discover our true selves, our true loves and we build on its foundations for the betterment of our lives ahead.

Wonderful, philosophical musings, 'elle. In future send me any read requests. Don't let your writes sit alone in the void. Let them be read and enjoyed.

For i enjoyed this one very much. Hope you are well and this blistering summer is treating you kindly.

Posted 6 Years Ago


danielle.

6 Years Ago

Oh wow what a beautiful review! I’m so pleased you appreciated this. Thank you Doodley!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 14, 2018
Last Updated on January 14, 2018

Author

danielle.
danielle.

Sunshine Coast , Australia



Writing
Thing Thing

A Poem by danielle.


Ripples Ripples

A Poem by danielle.


 - -

A Poem by danielle.