Bohemian Ruby

Bohemian Ruby

A Poem by E.L. Debbage
"

For the group 'Capture' competition, based on the art of Eugenia Loli.

"

Bohemian Ruby

 

I pursued such artistic conduct, a wanderer;

presupposed no bounds, should arrest me down.

For a true believer of the unconventional,

would wander further than any such crown.

 

Who dares trap my free spirit?

I the dancer, shall choreograph my dance

I desire careless bodies and ungodly sights

that shall adopt my mind, so to enhance.

 

Came to a halt when I stumbled across a man;

him whose eyes shone ecstasy, so pure,

that bliss contrived from no such constancy.

Adventurous man seeks not love to endure.

 

However is he intent to find such an embrace?

A woman whose touch shall flourish a crystal rose.

Produces energy that breeds the unconditional

He told the tale in such wondrous prose.

 

What then occurred held the prophecy true;

Possessing my waist, he summoned me near,

wrapped me in a kiss, Rose Quartz erupted upon us.

He whispered Ruby, softly, into my uncovered ear.

 

 

© 2015 E.L. Debbage


Author's Note

E.L. Debbage
I based this poem on the Rose Quartz crystal, that can be seen in the image. Rose Quartz is often called the "Love Stone." It's energetic hallmark is that of unconditional love. An alternative name for this stone is 'Bohemian Ruby.' Based on this, I chose to relate it to bohemianism. This is for a competition. Please share critique and interpretations if you wish!
PS - I WON LADS

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is f*****g magic, I'm glad you won

Posted 8 Years Ago


It's clear that your deep understanding of the art, influenced your writing. Your interpretation, can stand alone as artistic poetry, for indeed it is a bit bohemian and unconventional. While you staved with in a rhyme structure, your words tend to flow more like free verse with loose connections from one stanza to the next. This was almost like watching a poetic ballet, as I read through. Free, light, feminine spirit meets the full force of the adventurous, footloose, masculine soul, and love explodes in technicolor, something neither expected, but it is there and boundless. a story as old as time, and yet, unique as the two joined in the embrace.

Congratulations on the win for the first contest. I know that, I'm glad Devons was choosing and not me, but this was a wonderful choice for first place.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This poem definitely deserves to win. Wonderfully written, with a great sense of rhyme and rhythm. The imagery is quite splendid too. Congratulations :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


E.L. Debbage

8 Years Ago

yayy thankyou so much!!
Congratulations ! On your beautiful winning poem....a worthy win indeed....

Posted 8 Years Ago


E.L. Debbage

8 Years Ago

thankyou so much Fran :)
I got the impression of a glamorous, Aubrey Hepburn type of girl. You have a really beautiful voice that shines through your characters. Amazing work. Best of luck in your competition E.L. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


E.L. Debbage

8 Years Ago

It means a lot to get praise from such a good writer, thankyou so much Kelsey :-)
I really do like this one!
The picture is vary cool, where did you find it?
Keep it up!

Posted 8 Years Ago


E.L. Debbage

8 Years Ago

it says who the artist is in the description :)
thankyou!
I really like this :) Beautifully written, vivid imagery, my kind of poem :) Also love rose quartz ^^

Posted 8 Years Ago


Beautiful artwork and amazing poetry.
"What then occurred held the prophecy true;
Possessing my waist, he summoned me near,
wrapped me in a kiss, Rose Quartz erupted upon us.
He whispered Ruby, softly, into my uncovered ear."
I like crystal. A power source and a protector. I like how you evolved life and the crystal into the words. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


E.L. Debbage

8 Years Ago

Thankyou Coyote! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :-)
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I did and you are welcome.
I enjoyed heading this piece as word choices and very selective. I enjoyed the rhythm or this pice along with some rhyme and definitely the originality of the entire poem and my favorite stanza of the poem:

"Who dares trap my free spirit?
I the dancer, shall choreograph my dance
I desire careless bodies and ungodly sights
that shall adopt my mind, so to enhance.

Please don't ever let anyone trap your sprit. Lovely piece.


Posted 8 Years Ago


E.L. Debbage

8 Years Ago

Thankyou Robert! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
A seductively enigmatic piece of writing. There is a beautifully calm and mature erudition throbbing behind these words. I admire the way the poem is able to relate directly to the image, but also can stand alone as art in itself (this is significant, since the concept of the image-based contest is designed to influence related poetry rather than the image dominate the work).
There is a subtle intensity of intelligent definition to be found in the reading of this poem. Each stanza feeding the reader's mind, it is warm with compact detail and does not waste its breath. It is also remarkably sensual, epitomized especially in its climactic verse.

PS I was unfortunately ignorant of the artist who created this image, and hadn't looked further for a colour print - too late to change it now, but the one you have supplied here is the better of the two, I think.


Posted 8 Years Ago


E.L. Debbage

8 Years Ago

Thankyou so much for your in depth review, I'm flattered to hear this conspire from one who writes s.. read more
Devons

8 Years Ago

You have exploited that potential. And thank you very much indeed.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

649 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 28, 2015
Last Updated on July 20, 2015

Author

E.L. Debbage
E.L. Debbage

Norwich , United Kingdom



About
Hi, I write a lot of poetry most of which is probably garbage more..

Writing
Escape Escape

A Poem by E.L. Debbage



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..