Greed

Greed

A Poem by Mirror
"

When one don't give but expects to be given.

"

You are happy happy happy children
can I have a share?
No! no! no! no! no!
Because we don't really care


You are happy happy happy people
Can I have a share?
No! no! no! no! no!
Because we don't always dare


I am no more really hungry
Who will have my share?
Oh yes! yes! yes! yes!
Because we always really dare care!

© 2017 Mirror


Author's Note

Mirror
I was inspired to write this this afternoon when two children fought over some canny. And this is the same attitude among adults too in the world. It is a spontaneous write, corrections are welcome.

Happy reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Reminds me of a story I read as a child about a woman who kept asking people to help her out - to grow wheat, make the flower, pick the apples etc. At the end, she asks "Who will help me eat the pie?" And everyone says "I WILL!" to which she replies, "I think not."

Much how I feel is echoed in the other comments below. This is a sad part of human nature that seems to worsening rather than improving. We've become so entranced with our children knowing about the rights to their own freedom, we forget to teach them about our responsibility to the world around us.

Thank you for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mirror

6 Years Ago

lol! i love her style! thank you for stopping by Larke. Thank you.



Reviews

f**k off troll,david demers from mc henry ill,previous t k little,tk small,go flush your a*s down the toilet,and leave debbie alone as well you piece of s**t

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Mirror

6 Years Ago

my love, leave the baggerlizard alone. he is not worth your trouble, "kisses. Thank you for being th.. read more
Remember when you told me you don't want to be involved with drama or deal with me in any way? So what's up with leaving the follow comment on my work about 15 minutes ago? "@Debbie, please read his name. You are talking with a living corpse without home training and respect. Ignore him. he doesn't know anything... leave him to keep blabbing."

If you say you are going to do something, stick to it. You decide the level of interaction we have. Stay away from my poems and comments with your bullshit and you won't have to hear a single word from me.

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

has the childlike ring to it throughout ..makes the criticism palatable ;) tis true .. who can deny it is number one that gets the first and best and most attention ;{ the change comes from a Holy Spirit dwelling within says i! not from anywhere else.
E.
ps wouldn't change a thing about your poem Mirror!

Posted 6 Years Ago


That was soooo cute
so you formed a Poem out of two kids fighting :D

lovely
:-P


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mirror

6 Years Ago

I am sure female. And my name is Elza Godslove (fondly called Emem)
Saumya

6 Years Ago

I'm glad somebody finally solved the puzzle of "sir" and finally simplified it into "ma'am"😜😀.. read more
Pragati Chaudhary

6 Years Ago

Good to have you here as a writer friend, sir Emem😉 (Oops! Emem ma'am)😊

Hahahah.. read more
Reminds me of a story I read as a child about a woman who kept asking people to help her out - to grow wheat, make the flower, pick the apples etc. At the end, she asks "Who will help me eat the pie?" And everyone says "I WILL!" to which she replies, "I think not."

Much how I feel is echoed in the other comments below. This is a sad part of human nature that seems to worsening rather than improving. We've become so entranced with our children knowing about the rights to their own freedom, we forget to teach them about our responsibility to the world around us.

Thank you for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mirror

6 Years Ago

lol! i love her style! thank you for stopping by Larke. Thank you.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
It is very much an "every man for himself " society these days, The rich get richer, the needy die....

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mirror

6 Years Ago

Yes Gee. It is every man to his tent oh Israel! I God help us!
Your poem is written in contrast to a very serious problem in our evolving society these days, "Selfishness".

We know that how important it is to quench our thirst and hunger, but we are rapidly forgetting to be sensitive towards others too.Till the time there isn't any harm done to us, we aren't bothered about what the other person is going through. We are much bothered, when we get something for free by someone, then too not realizing that we need to return the live, fir the've been grateful at the time when we needed their favor the most.
And this is gradually becoming normal.
If the human species, being called the wisest one due to their ability to think and reason, and feel empathy towards others, there are in no ways different from animals.
Afteall what good is the ability to think and understand offered by God, if that is is what we use for our mere selves?


Your last stanza is beautiful, as that's what our world is sadly transforming into day by day.

" I am no more really hungry
Who will have my share?
Oh yes! yes! yes! yes!
Because we always really dare care!"


An indeed wonderful piece, with the real dark side of our 'evolving' world these days.
Thankyou for writing and sharing this piece, Mirror 😊 it was my pleasure reading it.

Happy writing!😊

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mirror

6 Years Ago

@Saumya, dear, it is just us trying to be nice to someone we appreciate by skipping the use of first.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Saumya

6 Years Ago

Great!😊
Mirror, I already knew you are "she" and not "he"😊
Thanks for the chuckl.. read more
We here in the USA have quite a problem with the growing divide between those who are greedy & rich, and those who are unfortunate & poor. Your poem is a simple expression of how it seems sometimes, where protecting one's possessions is more important than the joy of sharing *sigh!* Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mirror

6 Years Ago

Yes, ma'am. Here in Nigeria, it is fight for self and family. It takes true believers to change the .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

355 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 25, 2017
Last Updated on October 25, 2017

Author

Mirror
Mirror

Calabar, South South, Nigeria



About
I am simple, easy going, moody at times, but very playful sometimes i don't recognize myself. what i know is that in those playful times, everyone want to be like me. Yet, behind the curtains of my sm.. more..

Writing
Rape Rape

A Poem by Mirror



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wish I Was Wish I Was

A Poem by BL