The Flame

The Flame

A Poem by Emilee Grimm

 

 

There you were, standing in my life just like a flame.  I burned myself so many times I became numb to the pain.  Your voice was an addiction, your smile my medication.  But so many times you didn’t notice I was there.  Forever I thought would be the word you would someday say to me.  But you walked out, never looking back.  You never said a thing I imagined.  So hopefully the scars will teach me to stay away form the flame, ‘cause I don’t think I have enough strength to cast myself away…

 

 

© 2012 Emilee Grimm


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love ittt!!!! it is so true about emotions and how people feel so much.
stay close to the flame, you get burned. turn the other way and only slightly acknowledge the warmth.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

why would u cast yourself away for a man who payed you on attention....and if he did care for u he would have noticed the the burns....your a great writer..

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 21, 2009
Last Updated on August 21, 2012

Author

Emilee Grimm
Emilee Grimm

Somewhere, OH



About
I share my poetry with others because it is the easiest way to express my feelings non-destructively. I greatly appreciate honest feedback, comments, and reviews. Lets101 Quizzes - Myspace Quiz.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..