Father Knows Best Essay

Father Knows Best Essay

A Story by emilyart
"

A devotion about listening to Christ

"

But why, dad? How many times has one heard these words from a child desperately arguing against a parent's decision and trying to prove their point? God is the father of everyone on earth, so how much more must He deal with His children's continual attempts to disagree with His sovereign plan? In this instance Peter especially seems to speak his mind to Jesus by disputing with Him when Jesus prophesies of His death. In fact, Jesus even mentions His miraculous resurrection, but Peter takes no heed to that. He merely extracts the sorrowful news and refuses to believe Jesus' prophesy, thus defying God's plan. Christians today often commit the same crime. They desire to follow their own path rather than that of God. They acquire their own agenda and disregard all of God's warnings. This behavior always results in rebuke and punishment and often brings one to their knees with the realization of their arrogant sin. Even Christians have reservations at times when it comes to suffering or facing hardship for their faith. Many people feel obliged to a certain standard of living and don't possess any desire to give it up for any reason, even for God's design. Peter became so caught up in wanting to prove that his ideas would play out better than Jesus' that he ignored the marvelous and providential event that Jesus foretold. Christians often become so preoccupied in avoiding strife that they miss God's blessings in disguise. God truly knows best and thinking otherwise roots itself as a rebellious and satanic sin that festers in one's hearts making it dark and disloyal towards Christ.  

© 2015 emilyart


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on August 3, 2015
Last Updated on August 3, 2015
Tags: devotion, Chistian, living, lessons

Author

emilyart
emilyart

About
I'm a writer, director, song-writer, and musical theatre triple threat from the south who loves anything creative and theatrical. God bless! more..

Writing
The Shoes The Shoes

A Story by emilyart