Being Stupid. (Book Preview)

Being Stupid. (Book Preview)

A Stage Play by Emma Marie Taylor
"

This is an idea I had for a new book I'm writing, called 'Being Stupid.'

"
The test on my paper remains blank, and I stare daggers down at it.
The questions jumble together in blurs, and I scowl.

Concentrate.

The clock on the wall ticks, filling my ears, getting louder, louder, louder. I look up from the test, other kids have already put their tests on the teacher's desk, moving on to reading or whispering to friends.

How do they do that?


How do they manage, to fight through all the fuzz? How do they manage to understand the words on the page? To them it's simple.

I wish my life was so easy.

You aren't stupid, Sage. You're just different.

"Yeah, different is just a nice way of saying stupid," I mumble under my breath. A girl reading her book looks up at me, and I shut my mouth, going back to the test.

Tears prick at my eyes. I can't do this. I can't. It's too hard.

The bell rings, and I sigh, as I slide off my desk, putting my blank test on the teachers desk.
She smiles at me, "That's okay, Sage. You can finish it in the special ed room tomorrow."

I cringe at her words of special ed and give her a forced smile, heading out the door.

As I leave the classroom I hear one of the girls in my class snicker behind me. As she passes me, she whispers darkly in my ear, "Stupid."

My heart quickens and I walk faster, running for the bathroom.


So yeah, this is what it's like.


Being stupid.

© 2012 Emma Marie Taylor


Author's Note

Emma Marie Taylor
Like the new idea? Its a book idea i have! Should I follow through with it? Message me for more information on the upcoming book, thanks for reading! Please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

I AGREE WITH NORA!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Yes, yes you should! :D

Very good plot idea and I really like your style. Definitely continue ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 18, 2012
Last Updated on December 18, 2012
Tags: stupid, girl, mental, disorders, book, new, preview, confused, lost, alone, chapter, short, screen, play

Author

Emma Marie Taylor
Emma Marie Taylor

Muncie, IN



About
I am fifteen years old. I am a sophomore in high school, and writing is my passion. I love poetry, books, novellas, short stories, limericks, lyrics, stories, journals, blogs, chapters, etc. I lov.. more..

Writing