What happened?

What happened?

A Poem by emodemon666

It used to clutching ur stuffed animals to our chests, now it’s holding our monsters and demons to our heads.

It use be skipping along with nothing but candy and dolls on our minds, now it’s what will happen next and at what time.

It used to be one direction and max ruby, now it’s scream, nivanna, mcr, and arch enemy.

It used to be hot pink and light blue, now it’s blood red, black, and not having a clue.

It used to being going day by day, now it’s every morning, every night, every day.

It used to be loving life, now it’s wondering life.

It used to be you’ll love growing up, now it’s why would you say that when I want to throw up.

It used to be having everything figured out, now it’s wanting a way out.

It used to be I’ll have those feelings, now it’s no wonder i hat Christmas.

It used to be tears of joy when you get a new toy, now it’s wondering why everyone loves Jesus.

It used to be i’m straight and I’m christian, now it’s shut up, maybe people will like this version.

It used to be popsicles and t-shirts, now it’s coffee, and black, long-sleeved shirts.

It used to be I don't want this, now it’s maybe i need this.

It used to be what color should my room be, now it’s why can’t i just be me.

It used to be I’ll always be happy, now it’s wondering why I act so sadly.

It used to be depression isn’t in my vocabulary, now it’s i’ll just say it runs in the family.

It used to be I miss my old teachers, now it’s i miss my family, my friends, my preachers.

It used to be I’ll never be that sad girl, now it’s why am I so much worse that that girl.

It used to be having fun in the sun, now it’s I hate people, the world, it’s no fun.

It used to be I hope I stay like this forever, now it’s hating myself and staying silent forever.

It used to be just cause i like horror doesn't mean I'm gothic, now it’s i just wan to be accepted.

It used to be you can do this, now it’s I hate my parent, and what they did. 

It used to be i’m smarter than you, now it’s feeling aren’t always rational.

Now i’ll ask you a question, that everyone asks, for big things, or little things or just to ask. These words hold a lot of meaning though we discard, we are cheating. I will ask you this whoever you are, what happened to us and who we are? What happened?

© 2018 emodemon666


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, there's a lot of anger and hurt here. Like the writer needs a hug from someone who honestly cares for them. Reading this slammed me with the emotions of someone who got sucker punched by the world and changed accordingly because they felt like nothing ever really went right. The emotions were channeled just right so it could impact. Wow. Very nicely written.

Posted 6 Years Ago


emodemon666

6 Years Ago

Thanks, I think. It was supposed to seem this way.
Thank you very much. I wrote it in anger.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I fell in love with this poem. It's interesting and truly catches your eye.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 14, 2018
Last Updated on March 14, 2018

Author

emodemon666
emodemon666

About
I am 13, pansexual, pagan, and bi-gender/gender curious. I love to read and listen to music. I also love singing and drawing. Music is my lifeline. I would possibly die without it. I love to sing, pla.. more..

Writing
Smile Smile

A Poem by emodemon666



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..