Open Road

Open Road

A Story by Ashley

The open road longed for me and I longed for it.  Nothing felt more sincere and right; traveling along the gentle river with the sound of music filling the car.  The trees blanketed onto the endless mountains and it was not until that day I realized I was home.  My heart belonged to the forest and mountains with nothing else in the world to care for.  The sun beamed throughout the car and the crisp autumn breeze filled my lungs.  Nature welcome me into its safety and I let go of everything.  Focusing only on the way the trees curved along the road, the sounds, and life filling around me.  At this moment I was in oblivion, I was free.

© 2014 Ashley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your writing is absolutely brilliant! I can really visualize throughout the read. Keep it up!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very nice to read, so much I read it twice. Your wordplay paints a nice picture of what you wrote, keep writing!! You can only get better from here.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashley

9 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm not used to writing good to paint a visual picture, glad you enjoyed it tho. :)
You are so right.:)I like going somewhere without even purpose sometimes, too.
Especially, i long for going to the airport by the car, when you feel free from your job and problems, feel free to think some crazy thoughts, feel that your cloths are going warmer and everything is going make you happy;))

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 18, 2014
Last Updated on May 18, 2014
Tags: adventure, open road, nature, forest, mountains, short, story, random, life, freedom, love, happy, new, outdoors, dream

Author

Ashley
Ashley

CA



About
➵17 ➵Bands ➵Photography ➵Writing more..

Writing
The Maniac The Maniac

A Story by Ashley


My Dream My Dream

A Poem by Ashley


I Miss You.. I Miss You..

A Poem by Ashley