Black rainbow

Black rainbow

A Poem by emz

 

I don't know when

or even how

the Black and Grey colours

moved into my world.

I was forever the colours of the rainbow

i almost forgot how

i used to be

Purple

the same Purple as that silk dress you bought me

i wore it on 'THAT' night.

Yellow

as Yellow as the fields of rape

that we both hated and loved

at the same time

hated their pungent aroma

but loved their beautiful golden vastness

Blue

like the Blue of the ocean

where we dipped our toes,

drinking wine and laughing

watching people

passing by

and wondering if they could feel our happiness.

They all fed me information about you

about how bad you were

i must of had information anorexia

i wouldn't

couldn't

feed from their words.

Where did the Red disappear too?

Red as deep as the very soul

i kept for you.

The Orange also gone

Orange like the

fire burning in my mind

burning seventeen

shades of tangerine

dripping embers of

Crimson

down my face

like tears of

perfect petals

Where did all my colours go?

every molecule of my

skin now changing

to Grey

All that is left in their place

is this...

... my Black rainbow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 emz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like how you bring colors into you life once was so colored and filled with love ,the blue ocean where you sat ,purple the nice dress you dressed for him ,then just say where all the colors gone,everything changing to gray ,and all is left is black rainbow,so poetic full of wonderful images of lost colors of lost dreams and love ,just wonderful...

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is painful.

"dripping embers of
Crimson
down my face
like tears of
perfect petals
Where did all my colours go?"

Such stunning imagery throughout... though incredibly sad.
I absolutely love your word choices. So creative..

The concept of a life full of color --- the colors of the rainbow --
-- when happy -- in love, now turned grey, even black--
with a broken heart -- is incredibly clever.

Your emotions pour out in this piece ... such pain and sadness.

Outstanding poem! I'm glad Jake sent this to me..:)



Posted 15 Years Ago


I see colors of deep hurt in this...I had a black rainbow..they always get better, I think this day is is a very warm blue.� Very nicely done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love how creatively you have painted the colors of emotion throughout this poem. It left me with a lingering feeling of sadness.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Amazing use of the colors in reference to the feelings and memories associated with love and how without love life has no meaning(color) So creative with deep feelings and emotion.

Posted 15 Years Ago


f*****g wow!!!!!!!!! amazing you killed it! i love it & not just cause were friends ---if i stumbled upon this in the numerous poetry anthologies i read--- i would love it , mark the page & officailly classify it as one of my fav's! great job--woman. wow. when did you write this & tell me the story on the inspiration? ok? i,m (instead of I'm --haha) setting to print this pronto cause to-morrow i,m off to NY & would like to share this with friends. bye. thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a very sad poem. And quite creative in the use of color to describe certain emotions. I enjoyed reading, thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


"Orange like the fire burning in my mind burning seventeen shades of tangerine dripping embers of Crimson down my face like tears of perfect petals" What a depressing beauty! I love those lines. I love this because I can put myself in the place where those colors reminded you!

I am loving this piece!
Janice ann

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a wonderful poem about the dissipation of youth, using the metaphor of colours. I see it a little differently though- the black and grey has come into my life as well, but these shades bring dimension to my life. But the metaphors are excellent in bringing the hues of your youth to view. There is another metaphor in here too that i think you can make a whole new poem out of; the 'information anorexia'. I just love that term! I suffer from that too! Haha!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh my emz, this most painfully sad to read. Yet how could I not once I started? It is so very well written, it flows beautifully, it is so full of color yet turns to grey and black, you instilled so much imagery with each of your colors, purple dress, yellow flowers, blue ocean, orange fire 17 shades of tangerine, crimson embers, all turned to grey... Wonderful write though very very sad.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

468 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on July 12, 2008

Author

emz
emz

sunderland, England



About
My name is Emma, i have been writing poetry since i was a young girl. I am also in the process of writing a novel. This is a complete different dicipline and i am finding it hard but will not give up... more..

Writing
When You! When You!

A Poem by emz


Lovers Tears Lovers Tears

A Poem by emz


No forgiveness No forgiveness

A Poem by emz



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Blue stone heart Blue stone heart

A Poem by emz