The man with no face

The man with no face

A Story by black.butterfly
"

prologue

"

Prologue

     The foggy view peeked from a pair of eyes, not that they were there. A man traced his face with what seemed to be two hands. A blade-like long nose, which used to center that face, was missing. He went on studying his own face, it was like a white board, untouched and lacking. He was a mass of flesh; his hands were inseparable long circular forms, coated with a strange, shimmering, wet and light-soaked velvet skin. He stood on his feet, nameless, faceless, and confused.

     How come he could see with no eyes? How come he knew this skin is not his? All what seemed real to him, was not what he perceived with his awareness, but that far-off memory in the back of his mind, blurry and barely there.

 

© 2010 black.butterfly


Author's Note

black.butterfly
Hey, its been a while since i wrote anything so i thought of writing this prologue. So read, evaluate and enjoy. Reviews are welcomed though.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very good start to something thart could be a powerful story/poem It draws the reader in and whets the appitite for more

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'd like to see a longer story about this, "The Man With No Face" sounds interesting from the very beginning, the prologue leaves me wanting even more. It would make a great psychological/phylosophical writing if extended. Excellent writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting thought. While the grammar isn't perfect, I think it's interesting that not only are his facial features missing, but his hands also. They are so very expressive, just like our faces. I'm a hand person, so I noticed this, of course. lol.
KH

Posted 13 Years Ago


this good and I really want to read more this is the set up for a really good book. I dissagree with AJchallenger. this is one of the best proluges ive ever read "short sharp and shiny" in other words short but to the point and it grabs you from the first word and doesnt let go untill you finish reading. (Which AJchallenger is what a proluge is ment to do and when you have read as many PUBLISHED books as me you will understand this) the only problem i see with it this is that there isnt any more of this story to read PLEASE WRITE MORE!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I would like to read some more of this... seems interesting.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I see this as a prose poem, possibly as the first in a sequence or the beginning of a fairly long poem. It stands well enough on it's own, but I think there could definitely be more to it than what you've got here.

Posted 14 Years Ago


also, please don't do what AJChallenger has proposed. That would make it boring. And everyone is experienced enough to know whether or not something sounds good to read and everyone is able to give their opinion without resorting to giving orders. :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow. brilliant. That first line had me doing a double-take, it's really very good! I hope you're planning on continuing this?

Posted 14 Years Ago


intriguing work, sure makes one want to read more. couldn't help but notice how conflicting everyone seems to be. anyway i think it's cool, so write on

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hard to give a honest review on short pieces.It is well written and I would be interested in reading the first chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1114 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2010
Last Updated on April 13, 2010
Tags: story, prologue

Author

black.butterfly
black.butterfly

somewhere in this world



About
Hey. more..

Writing
May May

A Poem by black.butterfly



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye... Goodbye...

A Poem by Magdelena