The Longings of a lonely Space Explorer

The Longings of a lonely Space Explorer

A Story by endlessfiish
"

A space explorer's quick log.

"

The Longings of a lonely Space Explorer

Oh how i long for earth, hundreds of years have I roamed the stars all alone. I have seen many wonders unimaginable to one unlike me. I have seen fields of crystal flowers, rivers of fire, golden deserts,  oceans of silver, mountain of diamonds and islands of clouds. And yet none of these even compare to the beings I have met or animals I have observed. I have seen everything that ever entered the realm of human imagination from dragons to angels. I have seen many things that defy and logical thought or scientific law. Cities made of ice that never melts or a fortress nestled inside the belly of a volcano. And yet, through all these things I have only one longing. The embrace of another welcoming me back and listening to my many stories. Space the final frontier, infinitely vast; wonderfully full of unheard of marvels and yet infinitely empty. This is the report and complaint of an eternal wanderer doomed to forever explore the marvels of space alone.  

© 2015 endlessfiish


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Short and sweet :)
I like the imagery and the contradiction. islands of clouds. dragons to angels. "nestled inside the belly..." is well done.

Nice write :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Being the nerd I am, this made me think of The Doctor, and I liked it. I could feel the emotions of excitement mixed with sadness so well. Awesomely penned.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Beautifully written! I love the images you present. The emotions are poignant, and the reader is connected to the narrator because loneliness is universal.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The loneliness of space. This a excellent write. I love the humanity of it, through all those wonders and experiences it never quite adds up to contact with others. 'I have seen many things that defy and logical thought or scientific law.' Not sure if you need the and. I will be checking out your other work. Top writting.



Posted 9 Years Ago


Nicely penned story.....

I have seen many things that defy and logical thought or scientific law. Cities made of ice that never melts or a fortress nestled inside the belly of a volcano.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Congratulations on your work winning the Need Reviews? II contest! It was well earned! :)

-Mila

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nice and intriguing.Is it an opening to a story?

Posted 9 Years Ago


This definitely has a somewhat unique perspective. Great description. I am wondering if it will develop into something more. Nice work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is a nice story with a good "hook" to open with and a strong closure in the final lines. Bravo! ~Sharon

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2015
Last Updated on February 25, 2015
Tags: space, science fiction, short, psychological

Author

endlessfiish
endlessfiish

IN



About
I am a college who likes to write short stories for fun in lots of different genres and thinking of starting a novel if I can get the time. more..

Writing
Landing Landing

A Chapter by endlessfiish



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..