THE FIGHTER!

THE FIGHTER!

A Poem by cimmy wuv xxxooo

Everyday she would fight, anxiety, depression, unbearable pain,
each and everyday it was hard but she got up and fought again and again.
So independent so brave and so incredibly strong,
but still he seemed to treat her so wrong.

She loved him so much at the start,
and then as time went on her love did fade,
They both changed and grew apart,
she became more like a mum, he had it made.

He would take advantage of her, she would cook and clean,
and he would sit there in front of that darn T.V screen.
He wasn't there for her enough through all the hard days she faced,
All the scars he left on her heart, can not be erased.

So she fought that battle to, the toughest one of all,
The one for there love, to make it rise and not fall.
Although it takes two to fight to keep a relationship flowing,
she was fighting alone, so their relationship wasn't growing.

She stayed with him to long, hoping and preying things would change,
but nothing did, and that hope to make it work, was now out of range.
So even a fighter has to eventually stop fighting, its now over and she's done,
Its time to move on, i guess in the end he just wasn't the one.

Now he says he wont give up, he has hope, he refuses to let her go,
Its to late now there's nothing left to fight for, this he needs to know.
He never made her happy, and now she's found someone that makes her smile shine so bright,
This guy is always there for her, when she's lost in darkness, he leads her to the light.

She's an angel a beautiful soul, who deserves to be treated with love and respect,
all the things the old guy seemed to reject.

So I prey for this angel to spread her wings, to be happy, free and fly,
it is time to forget the past and old broken relationships, time to say goodbye.

© 2016 cimmy wuv xxxooo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It breaks my heart when husbands can't see the beauty and blessings they have before them. Wives are continued mysteries to be rediscovered over and over again. Most do not understand love doesn't just happen but it's work like caring for a flower which without nurturing would wither and die. You did a great job of revealing these sad situations.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

7 Years Ago

Was actually a long term boyfriend but yer same kinda thing. No i completely agree with what you are.. read more



Reviews

It breaks my heart when husbands can't see the beauty and blessings they have before them. Wives are continued mysteries to be rediscovered over and over again. Most do not understand love doesn't just happen but it's work like caring for a flower which without nurturing would wither and die. You did a great job of revealing these sad situations.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

7 Years Ago

Was actually a long term boyfriend but yer same kinda thing. No i completely agree with what you are.. read more
A worthwhile story leading to good ending.
"So I prey for this angel to spread her wings, to be happy, free and fly,
it is time to forget the past and old broken relationships, time to say goodbye. "
I like the flow of thoughts leading to above hopeful ending. Thank you dear friend for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your review coyote
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.
I thought you had a good rhythm and flow for most of the poem, and you told the narrative well. However there were some grammatical errors, for example 'preying' should be 'praying', and I think the structure could do with some work. I felt some of the sentences were too drawn out and disrupted the flow a bit, and weren't consistent with the rest of the lines all the way through. That being said, you did a good job overall. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

7 Years Ago

Thanks for your review my grammar has never been the best.
Appreciate the review.
This is sad and beautiful, also very true. Many people go through this, and don't have the courage to find another love like the protagonist in this descriptive poem. Love this, keep this writing up! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your wonderful review :)
This is so sad and yet beautiful at the same time. We spend years of our lives in misery, unaware of how to break the cycle. Then when the opportunity comes, it seems to good to be true. This a great message to spread for people in similar situations. A great write :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

7 Years Ago

Thanks Amber :)
I feel there are different colors of love in life, and for the writers too this hold true. You are one such writer. You put your emotions in such a realistic manner that it echoes in the heart of the reader.
Keep writing.
It is always a pleasure reading.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the wonderful review. Much appreciated :)
It's so wonderful to see women who go from relationships where they aren't appreciated, move on to a new relationship where the guy treats her completely opposite of how it was before. She now has a proper future to look forward to, work towards. The new guy able to bring her back to life. In all honesty: this piece describes my relationship timeline. My old boyfriends always decided to just give up on me or thought I was too much of a handful, never even tried to dig through my layers or get to know me. But now...the guy I've been with for almost two years, never gets tired of my attention or when I get needy, he calms me down & helps me through my hard times when my depression/anxiety kick in or if ever I'm just having a bad day. He's always willing to be here for me whenever I need him & not just push me aside or like me just for my body. He has taken time out of his life to pick me apart, get to know my personality & how my mind works. He has grown to appreciate everything about me & love me for who I truly am. I know feel so much better about myself & my future, when before him, I felt I had nothing going for me.

Posted 7 Years Ago


cimmy wuv xxxooo

7 Years Ago

Im really glad you can relate so much. My sister went through allot of those same things. She lived .. read more
The last few sentences literally made me smile. This is, once again, a beautiful piece of work. Great work and keep it up. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the wonderful review :)
Polly

7 Years Ago

No worries. x
Very powerful. You are a very caring person. Which is always nice because not everyone cares. So good. You did a great job on this keep on writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

7 Years Ago

Thank u so much for your review. Thank u yer i am pretty caring :)
What lovely way to let someone know how much you care about them... I can feel the care in your words for her and what she went through with life but always choosed to love him, yet he never realized and when she had lost all her feelings by constantly breaking inside, he tries to come back to her... She deserves a new life of happiness, and you expressed it so well frnd...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

7 Years Ago

Thank you again for another wonderful review.
Yer pretty sad. She really does deserve to be .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

771 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 24, 2016
Last Updated on August 24, 2016

Author

cimmy wuv xxxooo
cimmy wuv xxxooo

melbourne, Australia



About
Hey everyone im cimmonne (prounced simone) but everyone i know and love calls me cimmy. I'm unique and different and 100 percent me. I have a passion for writing and i want to share my writing with ev.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..