Following His Passion Around The World -Editor Raghu Gudiveti

Following His Passion Around The World -Editor Raghu Gudiveti

A Story by starpower
"

Behind the lense with Raghu Gudiveti AKA Raghavendra Gudiveti

"



Doesn’t everybody want to be in the movie business? That is a silly question, isn’t it? Because we all know the answer to that one and it is a definite “YES!” Some people are so dedicated and focused on a film and TV career that they let nothing get in their way and are willing to travel thousands of miles for an opportunity to make it in Tinsel Town.

 

Raghu Gudiveti AKA Raghavendra Gudiveti is one of those dedicated people who is extremely focused on his motion picture career. He ultimately traveled almost 9,000 miles from Hyderabad, India, to sun drenched and palm tree laden Los Angeles, where he has lived for the past several years.

 

He loves movies and TV but he fell in love with the process of filmmaking when he was working on his Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics and Communications in India. In his spare time he created university promo videos and got caught up in the excitement of actually looking at each project scene by scene and coming away from it with a firm grasp on editing and shooting techniques. He told us that doing this made him very happy and that is what pushed him toward moving to Los Angeles and enrolling in the Master’s Program at the legendary New York Film School there.

 

Once he got an overview of how films were put together he realized that it would be difficult to honestly call one’s self a filmmaker because there are simply too many crafts to master for one person in one lifetime. Of course, pulling back for perspective Raghu then relaxed when he found out that it wasn’t necessary to learn EVERY craft or discipline that goes into making a movie. It was a collaborative effort in which everyone pitched in and everyone brought something to the table. That is, they brought some expertise to the movie set.

 

Raghu’s main thrust when he works on a film of video is editing and directing. The first film that he edited and directed won a Best Short trophy at the 2018 Los Angeles Cinema Awards. He says that winning the Best Short Award was a great accomplishment, to be sure, but the process of making the film, along with putting it all together in Post-production and adding music and color correction was an amazing roller coaster ride in itself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2018 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on February 21, 2018
Last Updated on March 15, 2018
Tags: Raghavendra Gudiveti, Raghu Gudiveti

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing