The Impeccable Resume' Of Actress Corinne Davies

The Impeccable Resume' Of Actress Corinne Davies

A Story by starpower
"

A Bright Future For Actress Corinne Davies

"



Just found out some interesting statistics. The National Institute of Dramatic Arts, NIDA, in Australia, has been rated by The Hollywood Reporter number 8 on a list of the top 25 drama schools in the world. Who knew that? We certainly didn’t. We also discovered that NIDA has over 4,000 applicants each and every year but it only accepts 22 students out of all those hopefuls. Well that’s an acceptance rate of way less than 1%. Once again, who knew?

 

NIDA is obviously a very prestigious school and some of its famous graduate names might sound familiar: Mel Gibson, Baz Lurmann, Cate Blanchett, Sam Worthington, Hugo Weaving and Judy Davis, to name but a few. We forgot to mention Corinne Davies, another Australian actress who is currently based in Los Angeles. She went to NIDA and while there performed in some truly great plays including Shakespeare classics such as, Romeo and Juliet and Much Ado About Nothing. She also appeared in All in the Timing by playwright David Ives and among many, many other productions, Who’s Afraid of The Working Class by Australians Andrew Bovell, Irine Vela, Christos Tsiolkas, Patricia Cornelius and Melissa Reeves.

 

After finishing NIDA Corinne acted in feature films, short films, TV productions, stage plays and she also excelled in voiceovers. She was featured in the motion picture MacBeth starring Sam Worthington and directed by Geoffrey Wright. That film premiered at the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival. She also starred in the premiere of the play When Dad Married Fury, written by award-winning Australian playwright David Williamson. Besides performing in countless stage productions, she’s also been in some very highly praised short films. One of them, It’s Just Gary, became a bona fide festival hit. It was selected to play at film festivals all around the world.

 

Although Corinne is an established stage, TV and motion picture actress, she loves doing voiceovers for radio campaigns and commercials for big brands such as K-Mart, Nissan, Nutella and Croc Shoes. She even won the People’s Choice Award for her performance at the 2012 Maj Monologues competition in Perth, Australia. Shortly after that, Corinne was presented with the Dame Joan Sutherland Fund Scholarship from the American Australian Association, which assisted her with further development of her skills and in making the transition to America. Corinne has several audiobooks on her schedule and is negotiating some very exciting movie and TV projects.

 

Corinne also recently had a lead role in the feature film ‘To My Family’, which will have its theatrical release later this year �"and she also made a couple of TV appearances with guest roles on The Discovery Channel’s ‘Married With Secrets’ and Tru TVs ‘You Can Do Better’. We can’t wait to see what she does next!

© 2018 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
Added on April 4, 2018
Last Updated on April 4, 2018
Tags: Corinne Davies

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing