Camilo Cornejo: Catharsis In Design

Camilo Cornejo: Catharsis In Design

A Story by starpower
"

Camilo Cornejo: An Expert In His Field

"



Camilo Cornejo is a renowned graphic artist designer and visual artist. Trained in South America, Canada and the United States, Camilo works with International corporations consulting in marketing, network strategies, graphic communication, studies of aesthetic trends, measurements of communication traffic, illustration techniques, generation of illustrations, and web content.

 

Camilo contributes his expertise in the arts and design to improve the social and development environments in his home country of Columbia. Since 2014, under the seal of UNITEC (Network Ilumnothis of seventeen prestigious higher education institutions in eight Latin American countries) and its program of social projection, Camilo volunteers with children of imprisoned parents helping them - aiding in the humanistic, emotional development of the rights of children.


In 2017, Camilo he was appointed by Red Ilumno as brand ambassador - recognized for his work with youth in the post-conflict guerrilla process by using the arts to generate space for forgiveness encounter and re-socialization. Camilo’s art and infographic is recognized and exhibited at the gallery space of the Visual Arts Museum Of Bogotá. In 2015, amilo exhibited a series of cataloged illustrations. At the Fernando Soto Aparicio Gallery, Camilo showed his retrospective work of infographics - high quality in the handling of illustrative expression techniques. That same year, Camilo was honored to appear in the curatorial process of The Festival of Artistic and Social Projects Of The UPC and was invited as a jury member.


Camilo’s studies in design and having involvement in the historical artisan processes of pre-Columbian art, offers him the skills to see social problems in the perfect space, and share an opportunity to help others to get closer. His art is called ‘catharsis in design’ the art of speaking and expressing oneself and the design to help others in their expression processes.


Camilo Cornejo’s aspirations to contribute his art to the film industry is realized with two projects accepted and nominated at the Cannes Film Festival. Currently, Camilo is developing seven short films set to compete in Cannes in 2019.

© 2018 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I had the opportunity that Camilo Cornejo was my teacher of design aesthetics at Unitec, in that matter I saw the passion and dedication that this teacher has towards design but something more important is the passion he has to teach, since in my case the achievement change my way of seeing things, in this matter I learned that there are different aesthetics and different points of view that depend on context, time, culture, beliefs, values, among other factors. A great tool was the book The history of the ugliness of Umberto Eco where through history shows us the different canons of ugliness, thanks to this I can say that something aesthetic does not have to be exclusively something beautiful because in ugliness there is also esthetic. I am very grateful to have this level of people and professionals as teachers because I know that this nurtures my career as a graphic designer and also my values ​​as a person.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews


I appreciate Master Camilo for his work as a teacher, I have contributed in my training as a professional, I also thank him for making me understand that aesthetics is found in all corners of the universe, whether it is beautiful or not, thanks to this I was able to find a synergy between aesthetics and design.
I love his methodologies with which he teaches at the university, as a student I am fully satisfied by his work, by his enthusiasm and the passion that puts him to the challenge he undertakes.

Good publication, I hope to read a new one soon.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As a student of Camilo can say that I really love his teaching method imparting good knowledge, besides being a great human being is an exceptional and unique being that attributes you as a person to be able to improve values ​​such as being and also at a professional level is a teacher that has a quality superior to that of the works that I love because it is good and easy to use. an explore a world beyond what you risk, that has something in which the new ideas to open your mind in new ideas, regarding your teaching in the class of aesthetics of design was very open in the topic of the aesthetics of the design by which the knowledge of a book that exposes the theme of the ugly and the beautiful, not only to find beauty in the beautiful but also in what can be found symmetry, deformity, harmony for example Jesus in the Crucifixi n La Form of His Body exhaustion, his blood THIS Changes the perception of the beautiful. I learned a lot from this book and of course from this admirable teacher.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I had the opportunity that Camilo Cornejo was my teacher of design aesthetics at Unitec, in that matter I saw the passion and dedication that this teacher has towards design but something more important is the passion he has to teach, since in my case the achievement change my way of seeing things, in this matter I learned that there are different aesthetics and different points of view that depend on context, time, culture, beliefs, values, among other factors. A great tool was the book The history of the ugliness of Umberto Eco where through history shows us the different canons of ugliness, thanks to this I can say that something aesthetic does not have to be exclusively something beautiful because in ugliness there is also esthetic. I am very grateful to have this level of people and professionals as teachers because I know that this nurtures my career as a graphic designer and also my values ​​as a person.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Camilo is exactly what is needed in today’s design community. He is both extremely talented and selfless! His contributions toward social causes really do make a difference and I wish more designers contributed to their community the way Camilo does. Great article about a great guy. I can’t wait to see what he does next!

Posted 6 Years Ago


a very informative piece and i like his advocacy.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Camilo is a good professional wants his profession to provide a real service to others, he tries to innovate within the profession so that the profession improves its service or provides that service more efficiently.Good article!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11333 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 11, 2018
Last Updated on April 11, 2018
Tags: Camilo Cornejo

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing