London Singer and Songwriter Zanna

London Singer and Songwriter Zanna

A Story by starpower
"

The Incredible Talents Of Singer Zanna!

"




There’s a lot in the pipeline for Zanna. The artist and songwriter from London has already had her fair share of success in the world of Christian and Gospel music under her born name, Susie Woodbridge with releases such as Spirit Fall, which is being sung in churches across the world. However, there’s no denying she’s got the capacity to contribute to and greatly impact the rest of the music industry. 

Listening to the EP she released back in 2016 On Repeat, you can tell it’s difficult for the artist to hold back her personality. Behind the scenes, Zanna worked with producers Bubba McCarthy (John Newman) and Willie Weeks (Newton Faulkner) to create her unique sound and put together this spectacular body of work. There’s an undeniable theme between the tracks: her sound is dripping with individuality and style, whilst protecting some of the truer elements of pop. The lyrics are another ordeal - unexpected at moments, but she approaches lyric writing in ways no other artist is at the moment. 

Now, Zanna has been back in the studio working on her next releases. The latest single, I Wish You Were Here, takes the stand-out qualities of previous releases, and amplifies them - more honesty, more feeling, and importantly, more drops. The song was crafted with Dillistone, the Danish-born producer, who’s had his own success on SoundCloud with over 4 million plays collectively on his tracks. The two worked together in London to masterfully draw out the best of Zanna’s sound and personality. The track is uncontrollably addictive, the lyrics entirely relatable. Hopefully we will hear more from the duo in due course. 

“For the last couple of years, I’ve been heavily involved volunteering for a church in LA directing the music, so I’ve had ample time to hone in on my songwriting craft and vision even more so. This city is so full opportunity, and I’ve met numerous talented writers and producers in the most unexpected contexts, which is now opening up the doors for the next thing: pursuing songwriting and performing full time. It’s instilled in me a greater drive to do what I love whatever the cost, obviously without compromising who I am and my values. I’ve always loved songwriting, whether it’s for myself or for other artists, and I’ll be doing it for a long time.”

I Wish You Were Here is currently available to listen to here, and will be dropping on all platforms in July. 

 

© 2018 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on July 25, 2018
Last Updated on July 25, 2018
Tags: zanna, susie woodbridge

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing