Greek-American Actress Esther Markaki

Greek-American Actress Esther Markaki

A Story by starpower
"

Bringing her talents to the world, Esther Markaki

"



It’s nice when parents let their kids watch movies they like over and over again. Although some people might find that strange, anyone who has a true love of films and who understands that movies must have delivered a real emotional impact on the kid knows exactly what’s happening. Watching films more than once may also be a great influence on the person, whether young or grown, and may even be a catalyzing force that moves them toward a career in the entertainment arts.

 

Esther Markaki, the Greek-American actress was obviously raised by very loving and understanding parents. They allowed her to follow her heart, which ultimately led her to a career as a professional actress as an adult. She is a Greek/American who was born in Athens, Greece, attended an American kindergarten, a Greek/American school and an American college where she earned a degree in Marketing Communications. After going to London to study for a Master’s degree, she moved to New York to study acting and pursue a career as an actor, which she had wanted to do all her life.

 

She went through intensive acting classes at the famed New York Film Academy and the legendary Herbert Berghof Studio(HB Studio) in New York City where she completed the full two-year course of Professional Fine Arts Training in Theatre. Esther also was influenced through her Greek heritage by seeing, touching and participating in the source of Western theatre at the Ancient Greek Theater festival of Epidaurus (in Greece) where her parents took her every year to watch ancient Greek tragedies and comedies. Later, she would perform in an Off-Broadway presentation of the ancient Greek Tragedy “Electra” by Sophocles. She felt that being part of an Ancient Greek Tragedy is one of the hardest and most challenging things for an actor. The level of pain, despair, anger, and emotional rollercoaster that the characters have to go through is very hard to channel. But after being part of such play, in her opinion, one becomes a better and stronger actor and can play any and every role that comes one’s way.

 

Esther has worked on commercials, stage plays and films and her advice to aspiring actors is to never give up. She knows this is a competitive industry and rejections are inevitable. So, work on your craft, interact with people in the business, identify what makes you unique and special as an actor and know that you are not alone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2018 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
Added on August 14, 2018
Last Updated on August 14, 2018
Tags: esther markaki

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing