International Singing Sensation -'Cehryl'

International Singing Sensation -'Cehryl'

A Story by starpower
"

The incredibly gifted Cehryl!

"



All you have to do is hear Cehryl sing one bar to know that you are in the presence of real talent. Then when you realize that her songs are just that" her songs that she wrote" you want to slap yourself on the forehead because you just don’t get very many of those ‘Eureka!’ moments. But, of course, you don’t really slap yourself because that would call attention to your naiveté and people would see that you don’t know anything about writers who create their own music and lyrics and even produce their own wonderful work.

 

Cehryl lives and breathes music and she understands it from all points of view. She learned the piano at an early age in Hong Kong, where she was raised and then played the guitar. After that, she discovered all the technical structures of music at the famous Berklee School of Music in Boston. She doesn’t, however, follow through with all the conventional ways of songwriting and playing music. True artists like Cehryl always go their own way and create new paths for others to emulate or follow.

 

Her lyrics are actually meaningful to her instead of just being a traditional cluster of words thrown together to carry her to the end of the song. She sees her words as poetry and that’s how she tells her stories: poetically colored images borne on the soft back of forward moving melodies. It’s as though she is a movie director; she places each carefully constructed phrase within a framework of a larger ensemble that ultimately tells a complete story. Some of Cehryl’s influences growing up in Hong Kong were: Avril Lavigne, Chopin and Debussy (classical), Jay Chou (taiwanese pop), John Mayer, Alicia Keys, Radiohead, Chet Baker, Bill Evans and Nina Simone. She would love to work with Sampha, Jai Paul, Frank Ocean and Solange.

 

Cehryl has learned a great deal about the music industry along the way. One very big thing she observed was to not rely on everyone: learn how to engineer yourself, learn how to produce yourself so that you can make creative choices based on what you want to do without being limited by what you are capable of doing.  She is currently working on her first debut full-length album, which is produced written and recorded by her, as well as some collaborations with friends in Los Angeles (with producer Weird Inside). Cehryl released her EP 'Wherever It May Be' back in October 2017 where the song 'Side Effects' was a huge success all over the internet -and her other single 'Half the Time' and its accompanying music video released earlier this year, also gained Cehryl a lot of attention on social media. Her fans can also look forward to her upcoming shows. We can't wait to see what this talented international star has in store for us next!


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2018 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on September 11, 2018
Last Updated on September 13, 2018
Tags: cehryl, singer, hollywood, music, amber bollard

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing