Hairstylist Vanessa Van Krieken Talks About Fall Trends

Hairstylist Vanessa Van Krieken Talks About Fall Trends

A Story by starpower
"

Color Trends and Hair Tips With Vanessa Van Krieken

"



Vanessa Van Krieken has been studying hairstyles and colors for a long time, so when it came to asking about fall trends and tips for healthy hair, who better to ask, than her? Here is what she had to share with the hair lovers of the world:


Hi Vanessa, let’s talk about what you’ve been up to lately with your work and the latest hair trends. What have you been doing more of lately, color wise?

 

Blonde balayage is still a continuing trend, I’ve just noticed it transforms a little. Now it’s back to the root, just shaded into a color melt with bright ends.

 

What has been one of your favorite jobs so far and why?

 

Blonding is always my fave! It’s so exciting to make people feel like the best version of themselves which makes me love the process of seeing the transformation.

 

You have a special technique that I have actually witnessed in person, of a special way you cut some types of hair, what is that?

 

I cut a lot of thick hair, I think because I have thick hair. I guess I attract what I am haha! Basically it’s just a lot of texturizing and rearranging of the way the hair is laying to remove bulk. 

 

Who is your hair icon right now and why?

 

Tracy Cunningham. I love how she is in such high demand by all the celebs and she is so knowledgeable with color. I always pay attention to the celebrities she collaborates with such as Khloe Kardashian, Jlo, Mariah Carey, Chrissy Teigen, to name a few. Those celebrities have a huge influence on trends. I pay attention and try to notice all upcoming trends to stay ahead of the game. 

 

What do you prefer for yourself, style and color wise?

 

I prefer a lower maintenance balayage to spare myself too much damage and the mom life time saving struggle. I incorporate my natural color with blonde.

 

What was one of your more challenging experiences and why?

 

Trying to get people to understand what took me years to learn, in a 10 minute consultation is what is the most challenging. If someone does not understand the process I cannot work with them, unfortunately. Communication is 100% key and if you can’t have that, then the relationship won’t work.

 

Does hair care change for the seasons? Are there things you would do more or less of, for healthy hair from summer to fall?

 

It seems like everyone wants to be a little darker toned for the fall. I’m not a huge fan of that, though. The more you change your color, the harder it is to get back and the more damaging it becomes. People don’t realize in order to make brown -requires building back in a pigment. Building a pigment requires using red. When you go darker you are putting red back in your hair. So it will fade much brassier and then people don’t understand that whole process. I spent 4 years in college breaking down color theory. It’s very difficult to explain except by saying, once you go dark, it’s very difficult to get your blonde back.

 

Lastly, what are your personal tips for healthy hair?

 

For healthy hair, consistency and trims are the key. Once your ends are the perfect shade of blonde you don’t have to keep going over it, you only need to bring up the new growth. However if your coloring over it you constantly have to lift it again every time you change your mind. (I get it! we all get bored)! But remember, it’s at the expense of your hair and your hair’s health!



For more info, or to book an appointment with Vanessa, follow her on instagram at: 


https://www.instagram.com/vavanessie/

© 2018 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2164 Views
Added on October 16, 2018
Last Updated on October 16, 2018
Tags: Vanessa Van Krieken, Mariah Carey, Hair, Hairstylist, Hair Color

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing