Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 1: Getting to know...

Chapter 1: Getting to know...

A Chapter by Kaelyn
"

The beginning of Kirlia's life takes place in a house with her handicap Mother. Her emotions go out of control which changes her whole outlook on her life.

"

Kirlia’s POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is another explanation for earthquakes, tornadoes, twisters, blizzards, hurricanes, hail, ad all those type of things. Guess what? It’s me. Yup, me.

I used to be loud, obnoxious, fun-loving, and hyperactive before I received a “gift” from God in third grade. I didn’t know I had this “gift” until fourth grade when I had gotten mad at my mother and a strong wind swept into the wall paralyzing both of her legs bringing her into a wheelchair. After that, I became a quiet, antisocial, invisible, little girl who stated away from friends and became more independent that ever.

I pushed away my friends and family so I would control my temper so I wouldn’t do anything stupid to hurt people. People at school became afraid of me anyways giving the advantage to stay alone, but disadvantaged the rumors about me and my Voodoo that was the main weapon for threats. The teachers didn’t seem to care about me either as they did before. I never raised my hand, therefore, they never called on me. Everything was just as it was.

In the second trimester of fifth grade, it was after school and I was about to go to my room but my mom stopped me. “I got a movie. Maybe we can watch it together.” she said. “No thank you Elaine. I called her by her first name because I relied on my dad who went on “vacation”. At the time I thought he was actually going to come back but I didn’t realize that he was the person who hits and runs.

“Why don’t you call me mom for once?”

“Because I don’t like to.” I always kept my words in a simple sentence.

“You still think your father is coming back don’t you?”

“Of course I do.” I kept my voice calm and low on volume with the straightest face anyone could make.

“He’s never coming back. You know that!”

“He will. Just wait and see.” I said emotionless.

“You’re stupid for thinking that he’ll come back! He left because of you! You were so hard! You don’t care! Why don’t you even say ‘I love you’ or something?”

My temper started to jolt up, but I kept my voice in a low volume. “Because I can’t.”

“Bullshit!” she slammed her hand down on the arm of her wheelchair. “You’re being a load of crap right now!”

“I am not crap Elaine. You’re the one who’s…stupid enough to ask me that ridiculous movie question when you already know what the answer is. No.” I said trying to avoid my temper and curse words.

A cold clammy hand swept across my face and I was sure the next door neighbor could hear it if we had any.

“You were never a good mother Elaine. I don’t know why I didn’t run away when I was first able to walk.”

Another hand came in contact with the same cheek making the top of my head blow up to the ceiling. Why would she do that? Well, I guess she didn’t know any better until it was too late.

“Darn it Elaine! I hate you so much that I wouldn’t care if a meteor came to destroy you!”

Sure enough, a meteor bounced past my view stealing my mother and part of my house that included: our kitchen, den, dining room, with our expensive flat screen with our collection of movies.

Blood was splattered on the space rock as it rolled one hundred yards away and spilled onto the debris in front of me staining the wood and glass. Her arm was sticking out of the TV screen and her head and rolled up to the space rock and bumped it. The rest of her limbs were peeking out from under the meteor as if they were holding out to grab my hand or something.

I felt no sympathy, regrets, or sadness. I was glad she was gone, and we lived around nobody so it was just perfect.

I walked casually up to my room; the only part of the house that wasn’t destroyed, as if nothing had happened. I started to pack boxes of necessary items like: a tent to live in, food, clothes, a bathing suit that I would eventually grow out of, blankets, pillows, cleaning utensils, a picture of my dad, my school uniform, and other things that involved eating.

After I had my two almost large boxes ready, I packed them into a dolly and belted them down. I started to thump down the stairs with the wheels occasionally slamming against my heels.

When I got downstairs, or outside, I rolled over the debris until I came to the other side. I turned around and watched a meteor shower come down upon the house probably crushing all my memories and baby memoirs. I didn’t care. It was time to start a new life.

After walking for what seemed like half a day, I came upon a forest that looked safe to live in. Hey, I was ten. What more could you ask from a fifth grader?

I cruised in having the dolly tag along with me right behind me with both hands on the bar.

I found this glittering river that reflected my face perfectly and thought I’d set up there.

I set up my dark green tent that was the size of a living room inside and set up my bed leaving the boxes to the side. I lied down and set my electric guitar with blue flames on it next to me on the stand. “She deserved it Kito.” I said looking into its white colored in eyes.

I had first gotten Kito in third grade before I had gotten what I had gotten because my mom wanted me to do some sort of activity besides watching TV all day. She made a privet teacher come every Tuesday and Thursday just to teach me. I had scribbled on white eyes, and a red mouth with sharpies and named it Kito for some reason.

Kito looked at me with faded white eyes and a faded pink smile that was twisted and drawn by the strings. I reached out my hand and softly strummed his strings. It hummed perfectly with a low volume but still loud enough to draw comfort to me.

I didn’t care that Elaine died, but what really bothered me over the years that I had killed her. Sure I didn’t touch her, but I still did it.

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

Four or five years later, I hadn’t changed much. I still was quiet and independent, but I had worked on my strength and my abilities to do PE with no sweat.

I grabbed my backpack and crawled out of my tenet slowly not looking forward to my first day of high school. This time I was lucky because it was just a mile away instead of many.

I didn’t worry about my tent because normally nobody ventured into the forest. Besides, everyone knew where I lived so they were too scared to even come close to the forest. Did I mention that they were scared?

When I got to school, everyone was hustling around in their school uniforms. Some were put on nicely, while some looked wrinkled and folded weirdly. Some of the kids were in large groups talking and others were scattered around the field. There were already guys fighting on the sidewalk.

I leaned up against the wall, put my nook up to my face, and read its content. I had an interest in horror at the time, so I had been pulled into It by Stephen King. I was reading as silently as I could trying not to pay attention to the pleading yell the boy on the bottom gave as a fist smashed into his face. The other boy looked weaker and was glued to the sidewalk with a fist pinned to his terrified face. I rolled my eyes and kept my place in the book with a strip of paper I had torn from a text book back when I was in middle school. If nobody was going to break up the fight, it had to be me.

I walked up to the pair of boys casually who looked like I never went to school with and crossed my arms. “You know, if you beat up that boy…you never know what may happen.” The boy who was the bully looked to be in his last year of high school, but it didn’t bother me at all even though he had muscles on him. The victim looked like he was in the same year as me. “Stay out of this girl!” he snapped and his hand started dropping fast at the boy’s face. The ground started to rumble and the bully stopped. “Was that an earthquake?” he questioned looking around. “Yup, maybe a God is mad at you for making poor decisions.” by then, everyone was leaning in to get more of the situation. “But he stole my Brittany Spears CD!” he yelled slipping a whine along with it. “Another poor decision.” I shook my head.

“Are you making fun of me?!” he pushed the boy back and stood up confronting me. He was taller than me with a broader body. “I bet everyone does behind your back.” I said calmly with a shrug. His face turned a deep beet red and a fist flew forward at me. I ducked just in time and kicked his knees with one swipe tripping him. By that time, the victim had gotten up.

“What the Hell was that? That was so weak!” the bully said while getting up. “You can take her Braden!” yelled a female voice from the crowd probably his sluttish girlfriend. Braden got in his ready position and attempted to kick me, but I grabbed his foot and twisted it. He turned and fell flat on his face making everyone gasp.

He came back up so I slapped him. “You hit like a sissy!” he exclaimed. I reached behind me extending my hand into my backpack and took out It. I swung it at him and he flew backwards a couple feet. It was a pretty think book. I could barley grip it right myself! His Brittany Spears CD slid to my feet so I picked it up and took it out of its case. “Poor Brittany. She has to be in an older boy’s backpack.” I said emotionless. “Don’t you dare!” he yelled from the floor stumbling to his feet.

The light blue case with her face on it spun backwards and shattered when it reached the brick wall. I next held the CD with both hands and snapped it in half seeing his face shatter along with the Brittany’s album. “What’s wrong Braden? Can’t stand to see your girlfriend snap?” I said lifting my eyebrow almost laughing to my joke. I threw the two broken pieces down that stood up in the crack of the sidewalk that Braden stood on looking at his wrecked bad choice in music as if it was his child. “Next time, you ask politely for you crappy music without picking a fight or I’ll have to deal with you, ad you don’t want that to happen…do you?” I coked my head to one side scaring the cheese out of him because his lip was trembling slightly. He shook his head and scurried off as the bell rang.

The rest of the day had gone pretty smoothly but too boring to describe every detail and what I had to write in my journals. Just boring nonsense that I’ll eventually learn from.

I held my book to my chest because there was no room for it in my crowded backpack because of all the things I had to take back home as I was walking down the steps.

“Hey girl! You!” yelled a voice behind me but I didn’t bother to look back because who in the world would want to talk to my face?

I felt my shoulder being tapped so I turned around in annoyance and saw it was the boy from the morning who I had saved from getting his a*s kicked, or was it his face?

“What do you want?” I asked with rudeness mixed into my voice. I don’t think I intended that on happening to.

I saw his face whiten as he froze and his mouth opened to speak but nothing. Oh God, I scared the living cheese outta him!

“I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be rude.” I said.

His expression calmed but his words still stumbled as they flew out. “I…I-I just…wanted t-to say thank y-you.” We started walking side by side.

“No need to, I don’t need to hear it.”

“No really, I h-have to p-pay you back s-someway. I’m a s-second year so I-if you need help with h-homework or something, I c-can help.” he insisted.

“I don’t need any help.”

“But just in case, y-ya know?”

As I walked nearer to the woods, I realized that he was still next to me. I felt a little creeped at the moment but calm.

“Are you following me?” I asked as my head turned to him with my feet still stamping the ground.

“No, I live in a big house that’s in the forest with my older brother. Do you live in there too?”

“Of course I don’t. That would be ridiculous! To get to my house I have to go through the woods.”

“Well that’s a long way I can escort you out if you like.”

“I’m fine but thanks anyways.”

When we had gotten deeper in the woods to see a large house with at least a dozen windows. Then it occurred to me that I have at least seen that house three times in my life. The roof was tall and made out of curved brick and the door was smaller than I had expected. Bushes were growing right next to the steps that led to the door and they had little white flowers popping up in some places. The color of the house was a blue gray but the trim was a dark brown,

“I live here with my older brother, we have allot of extra room that we never use and it gets pretty boring because we never have anybody over.

He kept walking up to his house while I was walking past it. It wasn’t very long that I felt a wave of vertigo splash over me with my world spinning like a top. I stopped and slapped my forehead feeling its warmth that wasn’t supposed to be there on a cold day. I decided to ignore this possibility of being ‘sick’ and kept walking. But when my foot stamped the dirt, I was down in five seconds with my back to the dirt. I closed my eyes in hope that the surroundings around me would stop spinning and heard fast footsteps.

“Oh my gosh! Are you okay?” I heard the kid’s voice and opened my eyes to see his head swirling around me. “You should come to my house.” he said in a worried tone.

“No, I’m fine.” I sat up on my own decreasing the swirling in the trees and the ground.

“But your cheeks are all red. You might be sick.”

“No, I can handle myself.” I said and attempted to stand up with wobbling legs but fell back down again seeing nothing but the color black.

I never had gotten sick before. I wasn’t cautious with germs but that didn’t seem to stop how healthy I was. I never even got a slight fever. That was the first time that ‘sick’ has ever applied to me. Well, there’s a first thing for everything.

A soft blue ceiling was to my liking when I opened my eyes and thought it could emulate the sky. I was wrong when I sat up having an icepack fall into my lap. I knew my head felt cold, but the rest of me was burning up like a flaming pepper and my chest felt compressed as if two pans were crushing my rib cage. That tight feeling kept increasing with every breath I took.

I was on the floor with a couple blankets over me and under me on the floor. There wasn’t even a pillow. Nice hospitality.

I struggled to stand up but managed and wobbled over to the window that had the shutters open and resting on the wall. The sun shining through the clouds gave me the idea that I have only been unconscious for only a couple hours.

Clouds gathered in the sky connecting to the cloud that hid the right side of the sun and made it dim. A loud noise boomed throwing down hail the size of golf balls. When my fingers met the window, I knew it was me because the glass was warm as if the sun was still out.

I heard the door open behind me but didn’t bother to turn around until I heard the voice. “Oh, you’re awake. I’m glad.” it wasn’t the boy’s voice. “I’m Huntar’s older brother.” he pointed to himself with his thumb making him look like a moron. “Huntar told me how you helped him when he was bullied with some awesome moves to scare the kid. He should be home in about an hour.” I felt my chest tighten more.

“An hour?” How long was I asleep?”

“This was your third day.”

“Third day? Well I’m sorry to have troubled you.”

“It actually was no trouble. You seem like a nice person anyways.” he shrugged.

“Thanks, but I have to get home to Kito.”

“Well Kito’s ganna have to wait another day.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well we decided that once you wake up, that you’ll stay one more day without school just to make sure your okay.”

“But you’re keeping me away from my…family. It‘s considered kidnapping.” I choked.

“Well, the day he brought you in, he went searching beyond the woods for your house where you said it was, and all he found was a blown hole in the dirt, so unless that was your house I’m sorry, but it’s been blown up. Was that actually where you lived.”

I turned back to the window. “Yeah, like four or five years ago.”

The older brother came up to my side and peered out the window. “Huh, I could of sworn it was sunny. Wasn’t it?”

“Yes.” I said walking away from the window feeling my chest tighten one more level.

“Whoa! Did that just happen?”

“What just happened?”

“The hail stopped and the sun came up so quick!”

“What are you talking about?” I hid as well as I could.

“You didn’t see that?”

“It must have been your-” I couldn’t finish because my heart had enough of it. I couldn’t breath as hard as I tried. I couldn’t find a single oxygen atom where ever I turned. It was just impossible.

“Are you okay?” asked the older brother. There was a hesitation of my head but as soon as I finished nodding I skidded out of the room hearing his footsteps after me. I sat on the railing of the stairs and felt the cold steel on my hind through my short school uniform skirt as I slid down easily and efficiently. When I ran to the front door, I heard his voice shout, “Hey! Don’t leave! What the hell is the matter with you?” I stopped and looked to the floor with tears streaming down my face. “Everything.” I managed to say before I unlocked the door and ran out to the direction where my actual home was.

Even though I couldn’t breath, I held that breath as I ran which loosened the grip on my chest leading little air to travel through my wind pipe.

Just before reaching my tent, I tripped on a root and fell flat in a puddle of mud the hail had created when the sun had broke it down. Soon, blood was mixed into the mud that came from my mouth leaving it a ruddy color before I got up and started running again.

Everything is done for a purpose. Me getting sick was for a purpose. Running into Huntar was for a purpose. Everything happens for a specific reason. That reason might not be revealed in the beginning though but will be uncovered if deep thought is put into reason.

I dived into my tent feeling relieved once I felt the emulated silk feeling in my hands and arms along with my legs. Once I pulled myself up to my knees, more blood flung from my mouth and into my hands. I rolled up the hanging material that was blocking the only window and saw a rock slide racing down the hill for my home so I grabbed Kito and ran out of the tent as quick as I could.

I fell from my feet to my knees and my knees to my stomach with my head lying on Kito’s strings. I heard a blurry muffled yell for me and squish squashing footsteps splashing faster toward my way. Nothing.

A shadow raced past me but lingered up in front. The shadow took the shape of a person but wasn’t clear enough so I couldn’t tell who it was. It told me something but it came out fuzzy and made it even worse that there was no lips that could be seen on the part of the body that looked like the head. It glided up to me making me step back, but it pulled me close and put one finger on my chest jut below my neck. A spark ran through me causing my breathing to stop. I stepped back in fear that I would completely disappear if it did it to me again but that didn’t stop it from doing what it did before. It swept up to me and did it again regulating my breathing.

I wiped sweat off my forehead as I looked upon a white scenery that scared me. The only thing I saw was a splotch of red.

“Kito, where’s Kito?” I whispered out loud moving my head side to side.

I noticed what I was seeing was a white sheet that had my mouth blood on it because when I moved my head the sound of creasing soft material filled my ears.

I pulled the sheet away seeing the room I was in and the hideous dirty clothes I had fell in.

At that moment, a nurse came in with a clipboard in her hand and stopped cold when she saw me. Her face had faded to pale and her clipboard hit the tiled floor making a loud cracking sound. She ran out of the room with her echoing heels not remembering to pick up her clipboard.

The doctor soon came in to check my pulse. “You seem to be alive and healthy. But your heart did stop for about an hour and you were pronounced dead.” he said surprised. I choked on the air I was breathing. “How did I come back to life?” I asked. “Well, it might have been the prayers.” I blinked blankly. “Who and why would someone pray for me?” I wondered out loud. “These two boys Huntar and his older brother.” he said walking away from my bed. “Am I still legally dead?” I asked almost having my voice crack. “Yeah, but we can fix that I’m sure. We’ll have to keep you another night just to make sure you don’t go walking out as a dead person.” he laughed and left the room.

I slipped out of the hospital bed and over to the window that was open with the shutters resting on the wall. I looked down at myself and brushed most of the caked dry dirt off the pattern of my clothes. After I finished that, I looked out the window watching the trees swaying to the rythym of the gentle wind.

I heard the door open, but I didn’t bother to turn around. Instead, I watched the wind blow harder and harder as my thoughts became more deep and intense. A green oak leaf slammed onto the window changing to a yellow, to an orange, to a brown, and then crumbling away in the wind as the wind carried its last life of being a plant. Stupid thoughts.

I turned around and saw Huntar and his older brother standing right in front of me with happy eyes. “I guess you have repaid me. “ I said not waiting for an answer or a body motion and just turned back to the window.

“Was that tent your home?”

“Yes.” I answered not turning around.

“How long have you lived there.”

“Since fifth grade.”

“Since its been destroyed in the rock slide, do you have any other place to live? Maybe a relatives?”

“Yes, I have an unmarried aunt but haven’t seen her in a while. I wonder if she knows where I am.”

“Why were you living in the tent then?”

I stared at the white clouds that darkened and gathered bringing down heavy rain all at once.

“I don’t know where she lives. She doesn’t know where I live so we haven’t seen each other since I lived in that crater that once held a house.”

“Well, we have too much extra room at our house. Your welcome to move in with us.”

I cringed as lightinf flashed and the thunder came after that under three seconds. As my thoughts became deeper and I became more distracted in them the thunder became louder. Just when I got into the deepest spot, the thunder boomed so loudly that we all ahd to cover our ears.

I turned to them and said, “I don’t want to live with you, not to offend you or anything, I just don’t think it will be…safe with me around.”

Huntar turned the mood around by saying, “If I can survive living with Elmer I bet it couldn’t hurt to have you around.” I looked at Elmer and he just shrugged.

I gave in with a sigh. “Fine, but if I liver there I have to be occupied. That means cooking, cleaning, laundry, and those things have to be my priority.”

“Yay! No more of Elmer’s burnt food!” Huntar exclaimed happily.

“Who said I could cook well?” I looked seriously at the both of them watching Huntars smile turn upside down. “I’m joking Huntar, calm down. I cooked for myself and had to cook for Elaine, can’t you take a joke? Gosh I hope you’re not this hard to live with if you have no sense of humor.”



© 2011 Kaelyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
Added on December 17, 2011
Last Updated on December 17, 2011
Tags: weather, school, meteor, explosion, blood, mother, daughter


Author

Kaelyn
Kaelyn

Upland, CA



About
I'm a tomboy...so I'm female. I don't normally like nailpolish, dresses, bumped up hair, ponytails, high squealy giggles, drama, gossip. I'm more into blood, horror, bike riding, reading, anime, hrmmm.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1: Stolen Chapter 1: Stolen

A Chapter by Kaelyn