Kadri Scores Two In Leafs Win

Kadri Scores Two In Leafs Win

A Story by Hockeygirl
"

A recap of last night's Toronto/Dallas game.

"
Nazem Kadri scores two goals in 4-1 Leaf's win over Dallas.
The Toronto Maple Leafs defeating the Dallas Stars 4-1 last night was a bit of a shocker.

Going into last night's game, Dallas was 7-2-1 in their last 10 games, but the team didn't show it out on the ice.

From the opening face off to the final buzzer, the Leafs had complete control of the game.

There was a Toronto player last night that seemed to have the scoring touch again after a long slump.

Nazem Kadri opened the scoring for Toronto at 15:50 of the first period.

Just 1:55 of the second period, Zach Hyman made it 2-0.

Kadri scored again at 9:29 of the same period.  It was his second goal of the night.

Dallas finally got on the scoreboard at 17:43 of the, (second) period.

At 2:38 of the third period, Auston Matthews scored Toronto's fourth goal of the game with a really hard wrist shot.

Leaf's forward, William Nylander had two assists last night.

Leaf's backup goalie, Curtis McElhinney was phenomenal in net.

McElhinney stopped an amazingly 39 shots last night.

Toronto and the National Hockey League are off for a few days because of this weekend's All-Star festivities.

The Leafs return to the ice on Wednesday, (Jan. 31).  Toronto host the New York Islanders.  

© 2018 Hockeygirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on January 27, 2018
Last Updated on January 27, 2018
Tags: NHL, Maple Leafs, Stars

Author

Hockeygirl
Hockeygirl

Acton, Canada



About
I am a passionate sports fan that has a diploma in Journalism-Print from Sheridan college more..

Writing