Will the NHL Change The Playoffs if Vegas Wins Cup?

Will the NHL Change The Playoffs if Vegas Wins Cup?

A Story by Hockeygirl
"

A column about the Vegas Golden Knights going to the Stanley Cup Finals.

"


Well, the Vegas Golden Knights are going to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Isn't that nice.

Yes, the Golden Knights defeated the Winnipeg Jets yesterday afternoon 2-1, winning the Western Conference Finals 4-1.

The question I have on my mind is the National Hockey League going to change the playoff format if Vegas wins the Cup?

I bring this topic up because if the Golden Knights win this year's cup, it'll be the first time in league history that an expansion team won the Stanley Cup title in their first ever season.

At the 2017 All-Star game, an unknown rookie, (I can't even remember his name), won the Most Valuable Player Award and didn't play for the rest of the season.  He went back down to the Minors shortly after the All-Star game and hasn't been seen in the NHL since.

Months later, the NHL made significant changes to the All-Star selection process to prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

I'm not sure if the NHL is going to appreciate an expansion team winning the cup their first year in operation.

There's a real possibility that the league is going to change the format of the playoffs if Vegas wins the cup this year.

To me, it'll be ridiculous if this happens.

It is not Vegas's fault that teams gave up potential good players for the expansion draft last year.

The Pittsburgh Penguins released goalie, Marc-Andre Fleury for the draft and took their chances with Matt Murray.

Fleury struggled the past two years in Pittsburgh and Murray thrived.

This year, Fleury had the season of his life.

Murray and the Pens. were eliminated in the second round of this year's playoffs by Washington Capitals.

See what I'm getting at.

I have a strong feeling that the league is probably going to do something if Vegas wins the cup this year.

Why?

It is because the league has done it before.





 

© 2018 Hockeygirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on May 22, 2018
Last Updated on May 22, 2018
Tags: NHL, Golden Knights

Author

Hockeygirl
Hockeygirl

Acton, Canada



About
I am a passionate sports fan that has a diploma in Journalism-Print from Sheridan college more..

Writing