I'm Talking to The Person in The Mirror

I'm Talking to The Person in The Mirror

A Story by Rikka_823
"

This is a story about a trip to a carnival turned awry when a group of students find themselves taking a wrong turn...

"
"Hooray! The summer holidays are finally here!" exclaimed Brittney, "Let's go somewhere fun!" 

"Hmm... Then how about that carnival at the park just down Portsburg Street? I heard that they have some cool attractions!" replied her BFF Alicia. Both of them chatted away excitedly about the carnival, and decided that the next day, they would go to the carnival and start the holidays with a blast. Of course, they didn't forget to bring along their boyfriends, the infamous pair of twins, Martin and Manfred who were both good-looking, yet extremely naughty and playful. Indeed, don't let their good looks fool you, you'll certainly regret assuming they were model students. 

The next day, all four students gathered at the entrance of the carnival. As the rumours had said, it looked like a really fun place to be. Balloons of different colours, shapes and sizes were strung across the entrance. A giant banner, saying WELCOME - THE LAND OF DREAMS was hung across what used to be a giant stone gate leading to the park. All 4 teenagers stepped inside, with a heart filled of anticipation and excitement. They could see large, peak-shaped tents that offered many different activities and shows. Children sprinted around joyfully, pulling their mothers behind in a hurry to proceed to the next attraction. Instantaneously, they felt as though they had returned to their childhood. 

"Wow! I never knew this was so fun! Let's go see the haunted house first..." and off the group went, beginning the first attraction of the day. From the Haunted House, to the Ferris Wheel, to the roller coasters and the Pirate Rocking Ship, the group had a blast trying out each and every attraction. Soon, they had come to the last attraction of the day - the House of Mirrors. 

"Wow... This seems pretty eerie..." muttered Brittney. The feeling deep down in her gut was ominous, and there was something nagging at her; something wrong with this place. 

"Hey guys? Maybe we should just go home. I'm feeling a bit tired." Brittney decided to voice out. She had a very, very bad feeling about this place. Although there was the fact that females, especially teenage girls LOVED mirrors, there was something about this attraction that was out of place compared to the rest. Also, the thought of standing and navigating through a maze of mirrors that just stared back at you didn't really seem like a good idea to her. 

"Aww, pretty please? It's the last one! If we missed it, I would regret it for life!" Alicia exclaimed, tugging her friend's elbow towards the house naggingly. Her other hand grabbed hold of Brittney's boyfriend, Martin, while she said, "It's ok, if anything happens, you'll protect her, right?" "Of course! It's what any man would do, unless if you're not a man!" came the reply. Left with no other choice, Brittney was dragged into the attraction. 

The moment she stepped into the house, she could feel a chill running down her spine. She instinctively squeezed Martin's hand for assurance. Perhaps it was just her own imagination running wild? She hoped so as she bid a temporary farewell to Alicia and Manfred, who would navigate from the other side. All four of them would take separate routes, and meet up at the other end of the house. 

Brittney walked into the maze of mirrors, glancing around nervously. She could see her timid reflection from the mirrors around her, distorted into different figures, yet all having the same facial expression: terror. Taking quick steps, she was determined to get out of here as soon as possible - it gave her the creeps. As she turned from corner to corner, she stopped a while to rest, and took a look at all the mirrors around her. The mirrors reflected her slim figure endlessly, making it seem like she was walking an endless path to nowhere. 

Suddenly, she froze. From the corner of her eye, she could see a figure, standing at the corner of the room. She turned around, preparing to attack whoever it was, but what welcomed her was her own reflection. Brittney broke out in cold sweat: there was seriously something wrong with this place. Even more determined to get out of here, she broke into a paced run. She got the feeling she was constantly chased by someone, or more accurately, something. However, when she turned around, she was met with the sound of her own breath and her terrified, stoned expression. 

As she ran and ran, she found herself lost in a room of mirrors. Each of her reflection seemed grim, and she decided to turn back the other way and retrace her footsteps. However, she was once again stroke with terror, as one of her reflections just stared back at her although she had turned the other way. It was like her reflection had a mind of her own! 'She' pressed against the barrier of glass, staring back at Brittney, her eyes wide and innocent as though attempting to stare her down. Brittney retreated back as she tried to pull back and scream. Yet, no words could be formed from her dry, cracked lips. She could only stare, wide-eyed in terror as her own reflection reached out towards her with outstretched arms. 

Then, everything went dark. 

When Brittney woke up, she found herself lying in the middle of the room. She thought to herself: it must all be a dream! God knows how long she had been out. She laughed at herself in relief and also in amuse, how could she imagine such horrors happening in an innocent room like this? She chuckled, and exited the room. After a few turns, she saw her friends standing at the exit. 

"What took you so long? Geez, we were waiting like mad..." Alicia smiled at her warmly. "Told you, it isn't as scary as you think it is, isn't it? Now let's go home, I'm starving..." 

She reached out a hand to her friends to join her... And met with a transparent barrier. At the same time, she saw another 'her' reaching out to them, plastered on her face was a smirking laugh. "No, NO! Can't you guys see that it's not me? I'm right here!" Brittney slammed her fist on the barrier repeatedly, trying to get their attention, but without avail. The four of them exited the house as though nothing had happened, and the door closed with a creak behind them. Brittney slumped to the floor. What was going on? 

Just before she was going to open her mouth to scream for help, the other 'her' came back again, with the excuse of leaving stuff behind. She walked up to Brittney, and put her mouth near to the glass. She whispered to her: 

"Have fun staying behind the glass, I'll take care of you nicely. Just focus on being a good, good reflection~ goodbye..." 

© 2016 Rikka_823


Author's Note

Rikka_823
I got this idea from my brother who had submitted an essay to his teacher about a haunted house and hair. I was thinking of changing the style of my writing, and trying out the dialogue style writing~ Review please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is a fantastic idea and like all fantastic ideas i hate to say it please add more. There has to be a reason that she was picked and not the others. If this was my world I would give a hint on why she was picked a teaser if you must. this is great story leaving me to wonder will she ever get out. and the ending line was brilliant
-"Have fun staying behind the glass, I'll take care of you nicely. Just focus on being a good, good reflection~ goodbye..."
even the way you describe how she realized she couldn't move past the door was very creepy and heart pounding all at once.

-chuck

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rikka_823

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the review! I will try to add more and also develop the following stories that I will pos.. read more



Reviews

this is a fantastic idea and like all fantastic ideas i hate to say it please add more. There has to be a reason that she was picked and not the others. If this was my world I would give a hint on why she was picked a teaser if you must. this is great story leaving me to wonder will she ever get out. and the ending line was brilliant
-"Have fun staying behind the glass, I'll take care of you nicely. Just focus on being a good, good reflection~ goodbye..."
even the way you describe how she realized she couldn't move past the door was very creepy and heart pounding all at once.

-chuck

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rikka_823

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the review! I will try to add more and also develop the following stories that I will pos.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 4, 2016
Last Updated on March 4, 2016

Author

Rikka_823
Rikka_823

Neverland, Up in the skies, Malaysia



About
Inactive but secretly aching to write. more..

Writing