ANGIE

ANGIE

A Story by Eric Cox
"

A witch's revenge.

"

 

    It was All Hallows Eve, Halloween, 2008. Almost everyone was in the mood for spooky fun. Soon kids would dress up in cool costumes and go trick-or-treating. Soon jack o' lanterns would be lit to greet them. It was Halloween!

    But all was not right in a town called Willow Bay in the Pacific Northwest, U.S.A.  A witch was planning revenge for all those who crossed her. She was called many names by many mean people in the town. The most common was dog witch. Her real name is Angie. She is deformed, her nose is huge and not straight, her mouth is crooked, with missing teeth, her chin looks like it is missing, and her left eye is missing, there is a hole there that she never covers.

    She lives alone in an old run down house. It looks haunted. She can't afford to restore it. Her TV and her cats are her only friends. She has 13 black cats. And she is a real witch. She can cast spells with a wave of her black wand. It is made of black metal with claws that hold a black crystal in place. Over the earlier years she hurt very few people with her magic.

    To get to the store she rides a 3 wheeled bicycle, it has a large basket that she puts supplies in. This was usually when she heard the cruel names said to her. These words hurt! And she grew angry deep inside over the years. It slowly grew. And soon it would be time for revenge.

    The night slowly crept in. It was time for trick-or-treating. The kids came out of their houses in all kinds of Halloween costumes. They began their candy quest.

    Most people inside their houses were ready for the little goblins, they had candy in bowls to put in the goblins bags after hearing the doorbells and then the words "trick-or-treat" after opening their doors. Of course, some people opted out on giving candy to the goblins, they made their houses dark. But most of the houses in Willow Bay had all kinds of spooky and creepy decorations and jack o' lanterns glowing, ready for trick-or-treaters.

    At Angie's old run down house it was dark. Except on the front porch she had seven wicked looking jack o' lanterns glowing. Inside, she was watching the people in her crystal ball. It was time for revenge. She had her book of black magic spells opened to a page of a spell that would bring muteness to all those she cast it on. She chanted the words and black magic flew from her black wand.

    Suddenly all those who spoke cruel words to Angie could no longer speak. They grew fearful, what was going on? Their Halloween fun had just been blackened. Many trick-or-treaters couldn't trick-or-treat any more. The town hospital received many cruel-hearted people who suddenly couldn't utter a single word. Angie saw it all and smiled.

    But Halloween for all the people in Willow Bay who didn't call Angie names was very fun. The goblins kept up their candy quest, "trick-or-treat" was voiced in glee. Parties were held, people danced to Halloween music. Horror movies brought terror-filled fun. Many people celebrated the Day of the Dead.

    Angie watched the movie "Hocus Pocus" with 3 black cats on her lap purring contently. She couldn't help but be in a good Halloween mood.

    The people she cast her dark spell on would never be able to talk again, never be able to call her and other people cruel names or say cruel words to others.

    Now when anyone is mean to Angie she punishes them quickly. And she began to feel better about herself.

   When she comes across a person who had called her cruel names who is now mute she says to them: "What's wrong, cat got your tongue?" 







 

© 2011 Eric Cox


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this poem. We must be careful who we make fun of. They may have great powers. I like the story and the ending. The description made her come alive. A outstanding Halloween poem. Thank you.
Coyote


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent story reminding us we ought to be careful who we pick on or even better yet, just DON'T BE MEAN IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome witch story. I'm glad she got back at those people who were being just plain mean to her.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Pay back's a b***h, aint it?" she could ask too. Excellent story with a happy ending for Angie, she got her revenge.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

cool story and perfect tale of revenge ..liked the ending ..great job on this ..

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 25, 2010
Last Updated on September 6, 2011
Tags: witch, witches, revenge

Author

Eric Cox
Eric Cox

Hollow Woods, OR



About
I've been writing since 1984. I write poems, stories, lyrics & string haikus in a variety of genres: Horror, Nature, Inspirational, Comedy, Sexual, etc... Variety is what you will find here. Copy.. more..

Writing
Two Forever Two Forever

A Poem by Eric Cox



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..