a lighter sentence

a lighter sentence

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto


a lighter sentence

 

 

you spat your feelings

at me, like i was your spittoon 

but as some of them missed

the grass turned darkly beleaguered

 

my bare perceptions curled

towards another,

where blades of faith

leaned in a soft heart's direction

 

-----------------

 

while you were ticketed

for your tirade----

a misdemeanor

of ill mannered love

 

i found comfort

in another's sun.

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

8/1/15

© 2015 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews




Jacob,

Wow! ... Sometimes that significant other can fail one too many times to insure that you do know (& feel, because us tough & macho guys really do possess feelings, but simply hide &/or deny them) that you are THEIR valued and appreciated significant other, as well ... The old adage proverb that does say, "The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword," doth preemptively and obviously that WORDS DO POSSESS POWER, as more than ample destructive means to openly route and reduce to cinders of nothing but foolish babbling as that other age old adage proverb which seeks to sought to say, "Sticks And Stones May Break My Bones, But Words Will Never Hurt Me." ... As that grand master of wisdom, George Carlin would aptly say: "Bullshit!" ... Men do possess feelings and emotions, all the time of trying to deny that they do, because we live in a flucked up world that wishes to teach men that if they admit that they feel or emote, then that (somehow?) attests the presence of femininity ... Or worse ... Homo-Phobic-Gay-nimity ...

Us guys, men who are men and not girls, do hurt and we do feel ... The sad part is any woman (as one of the very few women in this world who fail in intuitively knowing this reality about men that men seek to always deny) who operates upon the given premise that they can talk s**t(e) to a man in a very personal manner, and stupidly deem to think as keen that he will continue to stick around ... Some do ... The smart men? ... Don't ...

Bravo, Jacob, Bravo!

Marve

Posted 5 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

5 Months Ago

Just like R.E.M. sang..."Everybody Hurts"---
Thanks for your words, Marve,
j.
Beginning to realize my own limitations; you are far more clever and creative than I often notice.
Unfortunately, it is not likely that my reviews will ever catch up with your poetry.
In any event, I like what I see.


Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

i appreciate your responses, Jimmy...always--
your reviews and your poetry have such keen ins.. read more
Jacob erin-cilberto,
"a lighter sentence" was a lesson for me in allegory or imagery explaining emotion. Maybe more like a parable?
Anyway, "like I was your spittoon..grass beleaguered..bare perceptions curled..towards another.."
Here is where it turns hopeful "blades of faith."
You show one person's loss is another's gain, yours.
"misdemeanor of ill mannered love..I found comfort in another's sun." I just read something that is an excellent example of good old show don't tell. You have nailed it in balance.
good job Jacob!
blessings and thanks for your writing. It teaches and inspires me.
Kathy

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for this review, Kathy---you are very encouraging to this old poet.

j.
Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

Jacob,
Your writing's honest portrayals of life are encouraging. Old or no; is really part of.. read more
Man, talk about a poem that tells a heartbreaker she ain't, was not, the only fish in the sea ... Except, you have done so in a most beautifully articulate fashion to where your reader's mind is mesmerized within the almost virtual reality setting of that which you speak so cooly, yet, with such profound impacting emotion ... Excellent jab! ...

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for your kind review, Marv.

j.
Always turn toward warmth is some peoples motto. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you, Kathie,

j.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
Great wording, it makes me almost speechless how much I can relate to the content and mood of your poems, even your choice of words seems like copied from my mind sometimes. This one perfectly describes a state of myself, one of my various heartfelt catastrophes leaking every now and then from the chaos of my mind and soul.

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you for relating so well to my writing---"catastrophes leaking" ah yes.

j.
V

7 Years Ago

Anytime.
...and he laughed all the way to the bank! LOL! I liked this about "ill mannered love". That is a concept lost, now; well mannered love. Very well said and timely.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, Roxie,

j.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B
I always believed when a woman really loves a man
She just cant be cruel
even if she needs to

so that sun was a fake one

lol

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your insight, Nisreenaa...

j.
there are some things, when spoken, which leave stains that cannot be removed...fortunately the universe is full of suns and sometimes we are luck enough to find their warmth...

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you FT.....that is so true.
One who does not love herself has a tendency to demand it of others. Feel for this poor girl. What poetry is about.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you, Shinsei...

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

640 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 2, 2015
Last Updated on August 2, 2015

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Shadows hung Shadows hung

A Poem by Jack...