sale's slip

sale's slip

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

sale's slip

 

 

 

i was in this quaint little shop of love

looking for a heart to purchase,

at a sensible emotional price,

 

but wasn't willing to expend the feelings

at such high risk,

 

so i left before sunrise,

and headed to Wal-Mart

for my next low budget affair.

 

 

erin-cilberto

1/6/16

© 2016 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We are often advised to take calculated risks in business but this piece makes me realize that the same principle may likewise be applied in terms of investing in a relationship. There are those who wants to risk it all then end up at nothing. So maybe, there are times that we need to play safe...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your insightful words,

j.



Reviews

Those feelings can be freaking expensive! The sheer volume of your work is amazing Jacob. You have such masterpieces every day, like you breathe out beautiful poetry with your every exhale. Cool imagery here, we all think about it when we are going to 'spend', whether it be cash money or currency of the heart. Budget affairs from WalMart are a bargain for the moment, but how many times do they need replacing?
Love the food for thought here~
Jennesis

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your very kind words, Jenn.
i feel more like a conduit for poetry than an actua.. read more
Jennesis

8 Years Ago

Well, you are definitely conducting, and I think all of us here would argue, you are the poet, even .. read more
LOVE this one. Relationships do come with a hefty price tag.....one that can only be paid with honest emotions and trust. Sometimes we are not ready for that sort of relationship and settle for the discount variety. Great metaphor. Lydi**

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your words, Lydi...

j.
Goods from quaint little shops often come at too high a price and it's always very much harder to cast out something that was once top quality.

Beccy.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your words, Beccy.

j.
At least Wal-mart doesn't lie to you and tell you you're getting something high quality. I think you made the right choice. CD

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

that's true....thank you, CD...

j.
beautiful! its a fearful thing to fall into the hands of God ..and even more fearful to take that leap of trust at such great risk ... i fell in love too much once upon a time ..not only recklessly leaping; but strapped on and lit that rocket that fired with great intensity straight into the rocks far below ...pathetic and disastrous ..but ohhhhh what a ride down ;)
E.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

yes, What a ride down!
thank you for your words, E.

j.
Einstein Noodle

8 Years Ago

yep! :} ...down to destruction! and now a testament to survivability of the elderly ;) yahahahaha!
Ha! Wall-Mart will do if you're looking for an affair that would be cheap, even in China.
Very apt, very entertaining metaphors, Jacob.
A clever bit of verse!

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, Jimmy.

j.
We are often advised to take calculated risks in business but this piece makes me realize that the same principle may likewise be applied in terms of investing in a relationship. There are those who wants to risk it all then end up at nothing. So maybe, there are times that we need to play safe...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your insightful words,

j.
This a perfect way to describe the walls that we put up in order to keep our hearts guarded from the possible heartbreak associated with committed relationships. Very good work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, Kaitlyn.

j.
oh, I so relate, i have been at Wal-Mart, and thinking what am i doing here, because while you are at one store, or at least myself, while at one store, i find myself wondering why i am not at the other store because it would be so much better. Relationships I swear...always end up with either a heart tear, or a busted relationship battery.

Now, the one constant in the equation is always me, and of that i am aware, 'tis true. Yet, i do try and self-analyze. Your poetry has me doing so in depth right now. As per usual.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

thank you for your kind review and sharing how you relate to this...

j.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

714 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 7, 2016
Last Updated on January 7, 2016

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Windy Windy

A Story by Samuel Dickens