24

24

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

24
 
 
the sun implodes into himself
the moon cries, deleted moans
there is a heart of dark insights
and there is blood dawn incites
 
the new day with caromed philosophy
rituals of skewed wisdom
the light's trickery
the shadows' despondency
 
we are all a cycle of hours
into days into nights into days
into matter that doesn't matter
for more than a few
 
ephemeral moments at most.
 
 
 
erin-cilberto
4/27/16

© 2016 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Fine writing, once again, Jacob.

The cycle of our days. Night follows day, day follows night, and we keep on moving along, ticking away the minutes of lives, sometimes oblivious to their importance. Life is filled with many mundane moments of routine that we need to really take care to observe those brief moments of life that can shine light into our souls. Those moments of pure delight and contentnent. Few and far between, but oh so valuable.
Well written, as always, Jacob. Timeless philosophy, very delicately worded. Nice work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you for your very kind review, and what you say here is filled with keen insights...
yo.. read more
Ok, new fave.
You are not much of a rhymer yet this is the second poem in a short span that uses rhyme.
And you do it so well Jacob. Nice work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you for appreciating my rare rhyme, Ana...

j.
How very true - we cycle hours and days, and really will it ever truly matter what we love and lose? We must hold onto all that is bright, and live each day to the full.

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

you are so right...we have to live each day to the full...

thank you for your words,<.. read more
Thanks for this ephemeral moment. I crank the hours and days into seconds, grab on and see where the moment takes me. I can say I'm glad I found you.

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

and likewise, my friend...you are a kind man.

thank you for your words,
j.
"...into matter that doesn't matter.." I just like that line so much. And your whole poem is a masterpiece. Cycle of hours, days and nights, ephemeral moments fading before our eyes. I'm kind of inspired by your words Sir. Thanks for sharing your poems. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, Olive.

j.
Aprille

7 Years Ago

your welcome.:)
I loved the way you worded this piece, everything fits like a well oiled machine letting the gears of time grind away. No matter the obstacles of life, nothing defeats the eventuality of time, specially not the trivial moments that add up to nothing but a grain of sand in the entirety of this wonderus universe we happen to be a part of.
Great write my friend, always a fan of your work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you for your very kind words, Keegan.
j.
The sun, the moon, the stars....nothing stops them and there are days we must hold on with both hands in order to deal with it all. Indeed, all moments are ephemeral if you think about it. No matter how good or bad, they will pass. Rolling with the punches is what it's all about. I enjoyed the celestial references. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you for your very kind review, Lydi.

j.
oh wow...no words expect one: this is simply a masterpiece...
maybe more than one...
I am stunned by your gift of wizardry of words. *applause*...
your vivid, darkly profound imagery is captivating & makes one's
imagination soar. one of my favorite poems on here.
Thank you for sharing
~ X - barrie

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you for your very kind review, barrie.

j.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Infinitely conscious of it all and writing it in poeticalchemy. I love it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, lynn
j.
Each of it is so very true, sir. "We are all a cycle of hours" - really that is a powerful line. We have bliss followed by sorrow and then we have bliss again followed by sorrow- the cycle keeps on going incessantly. We have a full moon, followed by half, quarter, crescent and new moon and gradually we have the full moon night back. Things keep on going like this. Ups and downs make one's life- a straight line even in ECG tells of one's death. Excellent poetry there. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you for your insightful words, Vatsal..
j.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

469 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 29, 2016
Last Updated on April 29, 2016

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Shadow Shadow

A Poem by A. Amos


Raven Bluff Raven Bluff

A Poem by Frieda P