and probably then

and probably then

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto


and probably then

 

 

 

i write simple

from a mind of complexity

confusion states itself

in terms of agreement

with other self

the one who sold out

to a life of mistakes

and now,

i write simple

because there are no conflicting terms

conflicting themes

conflicting dreams

 

in fact, there are no dreams left

at my ripe old age

the mold on my words is showing

the leftovers of errors

no Gold Glove for this poet

 

i write simple

because?

 

it's all i know

all my capabilities will allow

for now...

 

 

 

1/28/17

© 2017 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

and probably now

I found myself in this poem gagging on the mistakes of life's food, the appetite of youth now sitting in memory, now sitting in old age.

Great write!

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you, Al...yes, we do gag on the mistakes don't we?
In a profoundly complex world, simplicity is not easily arrived at; somewhere along the line, it requires a laborious distillation of accrued wisdom.
The conflicts you no longer have are more due to the triumph of reason than the death of dreams.
At least, that's what I like to tell myself.
Most of the time--except, of course, when you disagree with me--thou speakest the truth, Jacob.

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

i like to tell myself the same thing, Jimmy...i do.

thanks

j.
Growing older often means growing simpler. The vision is clearer and the priorities fewer. So what comes out is just what really matters shorn of the frills and flounces. Such a brilliant observation by your skillful pen Jacob.

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, DIVYA..
j.
DIVYA

7 Years Ago

You are welcome Jacob.
Simplicity is often genius as in the case of Art Deco.
We of this latter day, we painters and poets and writers--artists--must labour with all the wits of us, all the strength of us, and with all that we have of ingenuity and perserverance to attain simplicity."
Simplicity in Art
by Frank Norris

Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

such insight...yes, pegs us perfectly...

thank you, John.

j.
Your simplicity is better than three days of trying for me. lol I would think everyone can look back and see the tarnished parts of their lives. I have more than I care to say.

I would venture to say also, it's one the reasons a lot of us are here. To bleed a little and release through the use of a pen. (or keys).



Posted 7 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

7 Years Ago

yes, to bleed a little ink, which for us, is our heart's blood.

thank you, Lyric...read more
The fear of the world you used to know attacking you is a great concept and the idea of being pushed back to your regular writing making yourself immune to scrutiny is great as well. Although writing for fun in itself is still a admirable thing.
Great work Jacob, sorry I haven't been taking the time to review your work lately but as always I'd like you to know I thoroughly enjoyed it.


Posted 7 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

875 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 28, 2017
Last Updated on January 30, 2017

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..