when x and y have passed

when x and y have passed

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

when x and y have passed

 

 

 

lone variable

no longer equation of

relativity

 

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

8/1/17

© 2017 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

h d e rushin has got this right. She said it perfectly.

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you, William...
j.
"we need someone else". My mother keeps reminding me of this theory. a theory which is based on quality by relation of something else..Yet the measured invariant is itself lighter than air. Poetry means that there is no one else on earth and no other thing but the obligation and restrictions of most (if not all) poetic conditions. This poem is more math than logical connection.
But I love it.....dana

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, dana.
j.
I can relate to this in a big way sometimes. Feeling detached, it can be freeing to have no relativity *smile* Thanks for the smile.

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, barleygirl

you gave me a smile back.

j.
Hmmm....a lot going on in this one, Jacob. When there are variables, often it is time to move on. Things that brought X and Y together can change...and actually pull them apart. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

exactly...and it doesn't always make sense...that which entices us to another, can also repel us awa.. read more
When the differences are ignored and accepted as allusion it is called.delusion? :-)

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

yes, most definitely...thank you, Connie.
j.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
X has always indicated kisses to this thick fella and the Y, well that was usually followed by not when declined the chance. Hi Jacob, hope all is well in the good ol' U S of "is he really still in charge"

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

you are too funny....
thanks Gee....
j.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mou
even people are bounded to stay together for self interest nowadays..and thank god these are variables..at least when find that they can no longer serve for the equation, get separated and yes sometime left the equation as out of boundary condition..but their action can be forecast-ed not like human being..very intelligent write as always..just few words and you hit the peak..always a pleasure to read your write J..

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

and a pleasure to read your insights and interpretations...thank you, mou...

j.
Relativity -that's a powerful idea isn't it? How did they relate to each other before, what happened to affect the equation, and how do they now? Can go deep as you want with this one or run for the hills at prospect of the math. I am the rebel and always choose deep, this one could go towards the self empowerment route and learn the strength of one... that's always my recommendation. I plan to revisit this one to soul search through other options and feelings it has stirred within. Always a pleasure to visit your pages Jacob.

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

i really like your interpretation of this...fun to see how others read us..

thank you.. read more
AprilRN1210

6 Years Ago

Fun and enlightening at times, one of the things i love about the cafe :)
The time we move on from our previous relationship along with all the unanswered "whys" can sometimes makes us realize that happiness depends on our own self.

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

yes, it can do that...thank you for your words, gabrielle...
Since I "checked out" of Math when Satan threw letters in the mix, I do not get this, and will take your word for it that it's true. Having read some of your other work...it most likely is.

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you, Carol...:)

j.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

861 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2017
Last Updated on August 4, 2017

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Room The Room

A Poem by Paul Bell