her green thumb

her green thumb

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

her green thumb

redress the lilies
into roses,
the flower pickers think they are all Juliet
in bloom

and the Romeo void
is just temporary exile
from a garden of love

and posies
like this one, and his one
the last petal
implying

"he loves me."



erin-cilberto
2/3/18

© 2018 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Soft and sweet romance along with a huge dollop of cynicism in this one, Jacob. You are a multi-faceted being for sure. Life from both sides....we all need to consider it. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for your kind review, my friend.
j.
This is a dreary garden where flowers only symbolize expectations between love interests. I'm glad to be in a garden where flowers are plucked & shared for no reason at all (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for your kind review, Margie.

j.
Everything's always rosy in the garden.
Well, in mind anyway.
He loves me, he loves me not.
But in the grand scheme of things. There's always a guy around every corner.
Reminds me. Need to buy those damn flowers again.

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for the words and the smile, Paul
j.
A girl in trouble is a temporary thing by Romeo Void comes to mind, funny that! I think any one with a green thumb would not pick a flower to pieces maybe a florist would! I'm rambling on J, a nice subtle piece.

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for your words, andrew.
j.
I was reading this as a writer, who lost her muse.

Maybe she needs to do exactly that:

Rewrite, revise, "redress the lilies in to roses, the flower pickers thinking they are all Juliet in bloom"

Oh, to weild that kind of power of "her green thumb".

Sigh. It's a nice sentiment and it's nice to be hopeful (in my case)

Oh but Romeo, oh Romeo. My muse had drunk the poison. Maybe he is just asleep and will waken in me.

Jacob. Your poem had me blushing with sweet and lovely thoughts

and it will linger with me like the scent of a rose 🌹







Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for your kind review, RomaJ--

j.
interesting...i am usually looking for deeper meanings in things (a bane and boon at the same time i guess)
i like that she has this power ..to redress things ...more a transformation from Lilly to rose ...jealous pickers ..snatching blooms and self deceived ...i have to wonder who they are ;) i feel that Romeo void...we fail at it all the time it seems ... at least i do ... and the humble posie .. one last pedal offering of love ...wonder if her green thumb will grow it or snub it ;) you have written two characters in third person ..and i kept wanting to find the switch to first ... but the whole garden affair remains remote ... great title ..her green thumb is very inspirational to me noodle ... she's a goddess of beneficence upon the Earth .. i enjoyed reading and where this takes me and doesn't take me ;)
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for your kind review, E.
j.
I don't believe this one is written "randomly", when words just flow, but more with certain thoughts in the mind, the searching of love might drag us into faking, masking and dressing our selves, while inside we know it's not us, but the hopelessness of not finding the one, let us act that way, hoping, dreaming, imploring that whom we are with is our one, on the other hand and from how Your poem ended, I see it as the journey of finding the one, after meeting all kind of women, finally, the desired flower is glowing for him, and somehow in Your poem I read also the manipulation of men toward girls and women, when they are all just the same, a flower, no matter what is the shape or the scent of that flower is, they all the same.

great writing, makes me think...

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

i really like you interpretations of this piece, Light..thanks for the thoughtful read,
j.
a good poem i like the use of words which symbolizes love in general.

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you, sette.

j.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

336 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2018
Last Updated on February 8, 2018

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..