spinster's daydream

spinster's daydream

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

spinster's daydream

 

 

spools of ecstasy unwound

knitted sighs of passion emerge

something formed, reversible

a scarf of sensuality with blurred characters

 

like a poem

with obtuse words

and fraying theme.

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

2/21/19

© 2019 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love this how you used the knitting scarf etc loved it thanks for the good read

Posted 5 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

5 Years Ago

thank you, Julie.
j.
Kind of reminds me of my mother-in-law...now deceased...who was always teasing a ball of thread with a faint smile. Years later we discovered the reason for that smile...who knew.
Your words brought her back for a brief moment, j. and those blurred characters who always seemed to hang at the edges.

A fun read.

Posted 5 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

5 Years Ago

i am glad these words could bring you a good memory...
thank you for sharing...
j.
Yummy...this one is really effing amazing. scarf of sensuality...wow. The last three lines are like butter and I wish I had written them. I should have thought about it since most of my frames are more than frayed. Loved this.

Posted 5 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

5 Years Ago

thank you for your very kind review, Crowley,
j.
seems we all weave one of those frayed scarves of sensuality... hopeing that no one finds that one thread that pulls the entire thing apart leaving only words, but nothing wearable any longer... alas, I use to love that scarf... nicely done Jacob...

Posted 5 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

5 Years Ago

i so appreciate your words, Curt...you are truly one of the really caring, empathetic poets on this .. read more
redzone

5 Years Ago

thank you Jacob, but please do not tell anyone this... lol... ;0) I must keep up my stoic bad boy i.. read more
I pictured an old woman in a rocking chair gazing out the window daydreaming of what might have been, but never was. You really drew the picture with your words in this one, Jacob. Lydi**

Posted 5 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

5 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, Lydi,
j.
I used to knit to keep my fingers from freezing up, but I can see how this may be applied in a passion in regards to your poem and sexual activity which are blurred through the colors of the thread. awesome write.

Posted 5 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

5 Years Ago

thank you for your words, Shep,
j.
J.
Really like that, "a scarf of sensuality" line. And like so many relationships . . . a "fraying theme."
Often wonder about the folks who were never fortunate when it comes to love. Life can be a risky business.
T.

Posted 5 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

5 Years Ago

thank you for your kind words, Tom,
j.
A little bit of fantasy with the knitting. And why not, except be careful not to drop any stitches. I imagine her reflecting on previous loves and smiling, maybe reflecting on lost opportunities.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

5 Years Ago

i will be careful...thank you for your insights, Chris.
j.
People avoid considering older people still have desires and sexual ones at that. In this you lay out the longevity of the protagonist by portraying the older pastimes of knitting and sewing but make it abundantly clear she still feels that crave.

Posted 5 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

5 Years Ago

i am sure she does, John...sure she does. yes.
thank you,
j.
Like Dickinson who, in the end, wrote with a swagger of the inhabitant of a deserted island, always aware of her aloneness but perfectly capable of the concepts of love and longing. I have a friend of mine who used the exact word "spinster" at a funeral we both were attending last Friday. It's a hard word to say since the imagined world that surrounds is indefatigable. the notions here that you create are a modality in logic. Who is brave enough to haul around the problematic ganglia of time, where you can seemingly age out of life/ ? Thank god for poetry. Deep write my friend.

Posted 5 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

5 Years Ago

thank you for your kind review and insights...Emily will always be my favorite...and yes, she had se.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 28, 2019
Last Updated on February 28, 2019

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..